Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Need suggestions, guys...

I hope you don't mind me posting here. DHs b-day is next week. We are expecting a baby girl next month. I have no clue what to get him. Is there anything baby related that a guy would actually be stoked to receive? So much of the emphasis has been on me during this pg, I would like to let him experience it too. He doesn't drink, no sports and has all th e cool techy crap a guy could wish for. I got him his own diaper bag... but that is t really all that fun of a gift.  

Re: Need suggestions, guys...

• Options
    How old will be be ?  
  • Options

imageLebrowndog:
    How old will be be ?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Myself, I quit caring about my birthdays after 30. Now, a good bbq steak and a beer and it's a perfect bday.   He may be thrilled with just the diaper bag and his daughter :)    
    But just in case,  
    camera gear for all the news pics he will be taking ?  
    WiFi video baby monitor -  connects to iPad, iPhone.  
     "father daughter " books
     Let us know what you get
  • Options

I also stop caring about birthdays after 30, but my wife and I are big on trips and new adventures. I know you're pregnant, but is there a cool spot an hour or so away that you two can drive to and have a little babymoon together? Sometimes it's just nice to not have to cook or clean...a nice hotel, dinner and brunch out....that's a nice birthday for me.

Otherwise, having a kid is pretty awesome by itself. I'm sure he is stoked!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLebrowndog:
    Myself, I quit caring about my birthdays after 30. Now, a good bbq steak and a beer and it's a perfect bday.   He may be thrilled with just the diaper bag and his daughter :)    
    But just in case,  
    camera gear for all the news pics he will be taking ?  
    WiFi video baby monitor -  connects to iPad, iPhone.  
     "father daughter " books
     Let us know what you get

On the fly, I ended up buying him a new wardrobe for a new job he just got. Not so fun gift for a guy though. He could care less about clothes. I was thinking of just making his fave meal, maybe a movie nite and a BJ to be frank. Sex is so out of the picture right now - it isn't funny. Love him, but not going to happen. 

Thoughts?  

Men are so hard to shop for!!! 

• Options
    imageroxyttandme:
    On the fly, I ended up buying him a new wardrobe for a new job he just got. Not so fun gift for a guy though. He could care less about clothes. I was thinking of just making his fave meal, maybe a movie nite and a BJ to be frank. Sex is so out of the picture right now - it isn't funny. Love him, but not going to happen. 

Thoughts?  

Men are so hard to shop for!!! 

Steak and a BJ always does make a great gift!

I personally hate it when my wife tries to buy me clothes. The odds of her picking something I like that fits well is about 5%, and she gets sad and hurt if I don't appreciate what she buys. Luckily she's mostly given up on clothes.

I think the trouble is most of what we men want for gifts are stuff for our hobbies (video games, golf), and a lot of wives don't exactly want to encourage their husband's time-sucking hobbies.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"