Single Parents
Options

Final straw..

I called CAS on my kids father yesterday. We have 3 kids together, ages 13, 10 and 7 and my 13yr old lives with him 3+hrs away..well my son called me yesterday crying hysterically saying that dad and his gf were fighting again and he was scared and wanted to come home. This isn't the first time this has happened, he went to live with him in april and this is the 3rd time he's asked to come home now. But every time I get ready to come get him, he changes his mind-but its his father feeding his head full of chit. His dad and his gf fight constantly, keep in mind this is the chick he cheated on me with the last 3 yrs of our 12yr relationship. She accuses him of everything, she gets physical with him and as of yesterday he hit her back after she hit him. So he's still abusive and hasn't changed a bit.

Well I'm tired of my kid being there in the middle of all their crap. His gf can't stand the fact that he has kids from before her, shes 10 yrs younger than he is and immature as ever. I have had to drive up there days and even weeks early to get my kids because she freaks out when he spends time with them and she kicks them all out of the house. i got there on boxing day to find my kids sitting outside in the parking lot with all their luggage in the cold, it took me 4hrs to get up there...I could've killed her. My son knows that she hates him, she yells at him and shes abusive to his father right in front of him. I packed up my kids and left him almost 3 yrs ago because our relationship was just as bad. and now my son is re-living it all over again. He can't go to counselling because hes afraid to say what really goes on at home. This is the 5th time in about 6 months that the police have been called out to their house because of this domestic crap. I called CAS yesterday as well as the police out there to get a car over to the house but they had already been dispatched. I had an officer and CAS worker call me back after they had done a check and neither their dad or his gf would say what happened so nobody was arrested and no charges were laid. The kids were deemed safe in the house. I am never in favor of having anyones kids taken from them but in all honesty I left this situation before because CAS threatened to take my kids if I stayed in a situation like that...so what gives??

I want my son back home, he is stuck between staying with his dad because he keeps telling him they will get their own place without his gf but never follows through..and then he wants to come home to me and his brother and sister because he misses us and he feels safer here. I will fight to get him back home but I also don't want it to be tramatic for my son, all my kids have been through enough. I feel so stupid for letting him go live with his dad :(

I just pray that this can be solved sooner than later...I'm so stressed out from it and its affecting my pregnancy. Any encouraging words would be great...thanks for reading..I just feel at a loss as a mother, like I've let my son down :(

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Final straw..

• Options

I understand youre stressed out but you let a 13 decide where he should live knowing your XH  has had a really rough past... you had to see something like this coming?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Options
    imagemamastich:
    I understand youre stressed out but you let a 13 decide where he should live knowing your XHnbsp; has had a really rough past... you had to see something like this coming?

That's typical 13yo behavior. The grass is always greener. At 12, most states allow the child to have an opinion. OP may not have had a choice.

OP, have you contacted your attorney about bringing him home?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Didn't realize you were pregnant. That makes the situation so much more difficult. First of all, stop worrying about what your child thinks he wants and do what he needs. Obviously he should not be around that stuff so do something about it. Make sure you record everything and go to CS immediately... no matter what.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't know his dads relationship with his gf was so bad. i had never heared anything of it until after my son got up there with him. My son began to resent me and tbh their dad was a good father but a lousy husband and after 2 years of counselling that was court ordered i thought he had changed enough where i felt fine with the idea of letting him go live with him. I went to the court office today and i have to file a bunch of papers to get him back, as it stands right now his father is in contempt of having him. We live in ontario canada. I am going to do the right thing and get him back home, my son will give a bit of a fight-he's 13 and he will choose to live with dad because he buys him what he wants to shut him up..but when it becomes a safety concern the situation changes. I have learned my lesson and hope whatever damage is done can be reversed before its too late.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"