1st Trimester

For any late ovulators who are now pregnant.

Since my miscarriage I've been Ovulating late, around CD25, with an LP of 13. I'm just wondering how many of you in the first Trimester board have succeeded with late O and how far along you are now? Also how long did it take you to get pregnant with your late O?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: For any late ovulators who are now pregnant.

• imagepaperbooties:

Since my miscarriage I've been Ovulating late, around CD25, with an LP of 13. I'm just wondering how many of you in the first Trimester board have succeeded with late O and how far along you are now? Also how long did it take you to get pregnant with your late O?

ovulating late shouldn't hinder your getting pregnant? If your having a hard time pinpointing it because its not happening during the time your used to, try ovulation strips. I have a longer than average cycle and ovulate very late and got pregnant on the second cycle using strips. ( we didn't really track the first month though)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oh and im about 9 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A late O isn't normally a concern. Are you talking about a short LP - which can cause concern with regards to implantation?

I O between CD18-21 normally, so technically that is "late," but I always have a 14 day LP. 

As long as you're charting and can pinpoint your O date (and are actually O'ing) your chances are no different than anyone else's. :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I'm not pregnant yet, but I have had two pregnancies due to late ovulation (O'd on CD30 with #1, 40 with #2 with 15 day LP).

#1 took 3 months. #2 happened when we were not trying/not preventing so we never officially ttc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I o'd on CD27 the cycle I got pregnant.  I've always o'd "late" (when I do ovulate, that is).  
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • I've always ovulated late.  WIth DS1 I O'd on CD28.  With my twins I O'd only a few days late on CD19. 
  • imageKC_13:

I'm not pregnant yet, but I have had two pregnancies due to late ovulation (O'd on CD30 with #1, 40 with #2 with 15 day LP).

#1 took 3 months. #2 happened when we were not trying/not preventing so we never officially ttc.

Thank you. This makes me hopeful!

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • I ovulate around CD25 as well, and then have a super short LP. With my first pregnancy, I was charting and temping like crazy and it took me about 10 months to conceive. This time around, it was a BIG shock, but I am now almost 11 weeks pregnant and everything looks great!

Good luck to you! =)

Blissful wife and mama. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I O'd on CD 28 and now I'm 8w4d along, everything perfectly healthy and normal.  Good luck to you!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I was off the pill for a year before I got my BFP.  But my cycles started at 80+ days, then went to 50+ days then to 35 days.  I O'd every cycle (temping and using OPKs).

On my BFP cycle I O'd on CD 21 and we had great timing.  It was the earliest I had O'd.  The cycle before I O'd on CD 24, had great tming too, but BFN.

I think CD 25 will be fine - my LP was 14 days.

Good luck!

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• I have 45 day cycles and od somewhere around 30. I'm 10w on Wednesday 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • As long as your LP is fine, which at 13 days it sounds like yours is, a "late" O should not hinder you getting pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think O-ing late itself will make it hard to get pregnant, it just might take longer bc you have less cycles in a year.

I got pregnant during my 14th month. I ovulated between CD 14-28 (average around 19-22) and my LP ranged from 8-13 days (recently more like 11-12).  This cycle, I ovulated on CD 28 and am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Smile

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• I O'ed on cycle day 23 or 24... It took 10 months (with using OPK for about 6 months).
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm usually in the CD20-25 range, with a 13-15 day LP. I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant, and we were trying to avoid!

Oops.

Oh well. This kiddo will be known as Mom & Dad's biiiig surprise. A late O shouldn't have an effect on getting pregnant. I hope it happens soon for you!

It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a m/c in April at 6w, but had been using an OPK and was ovulating on day 14 so my doctor gave me a hard time and said "just start trying on day 10 and do it every other day through day 16". So I did that, and the first full cycle after the m/c (one period later) I did as followed and got my period exactly 28 days to the minute after the last one. Disappointed, I set to try again and contemplated the OPK's- randomly took a PG test a week later and it was positive. I guess I had ovulated late, had a pseudo-cycle (or plantation bleeding or something, who knows) but contrary to the craziness in my head, everything is fine. I'm 13w1day now, had an U/S at 6 weeks to date the PG since I had no idea when I ovulated, and then one again at 12w and everything is right on track. 

Good luck! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • First day of LMP was May 18th. We conceived on June 17th. so I am now 12 weeks along... So I didn't ovulate until WAY late!!! But it was my third cycle off of the pill and my cycles have never been regular/ have always been long...

I'd suggest getting Taking Control of Your Fertility - just because you ovulate late doesn't mean you have to have a hard time conceiving - it is all about tracking your cycle using BBT and CM description. It helps you to figure out when you are O'ing so you can get busy at the right time!

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks so much for all the replies they make me so hopeful. We've only been actively trying for 2 months now.

With my previous due date getting closer (Nov 12th) and everybody around me becoming pregnant it's been so hard, I just want to join the club again. It's even worse that DH doesn't want anybody to know about the miscarriage.

I wish you all the best.Thanks so much you've brightened my day. You women are such a great support system, so glad I found this site.

Also I been using OPK's and BBT, so I am Oing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I regularly O on CD18, with an LP of 12. We only tried for two cycles before getting the BFP, although I was tracking for several months beforehand and using non-hormonal prevention. I was concerned that my LP was short, but apparently it was plenty.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I o'ed on day 70 something with my m/c and day 50 something with this pregnancy. We had been trying for this baby since last September and I've actually only had 4 cycles since then and gotten pregnant two of them. 
  • I have to giggle at CD 25 being a "late ovulation" I O'd on CD 49 and got pregnant. I'm only 5 weeks so we'll see where this ends... I was off BC since December- so 8 months. Only had 4 periods and one was brought on by Provera. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wasn't to the point of tracking on FF, but I did use OPK's. I had long cycles (35-36 days), and we got pregnant on the second cycle of trying :-) Honestly, I don't think it makes a difference if you ovulate "late," as long as your are ovulating... I just tried to have sex every other day when I knew it was almost time. The biggest pain for me about having a long cycle was having to wait even longer to try again after it didn't work the first time.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagedrewiekc:
    As long as your LP is fine, which at 13 days it sounds like yours is, a "late" O should not hinder you getting pregnant.

This. As long as you are Oing (and temping) it shouldn't be a problem...

I O'd on CD 22, I'm now 10 weeks. Took me 5 months to conceive with long cycles (I charted my temps)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I don't think late ovulation made any difference. Just had to make sure to keep a close eye on the BBT chart and use my ovulation strips to catch it. No biggie, really. My ovulation usually happens within cycle day 16-21. I ovulated on either CD16 or CD17 during the cycle in which I became pregnant.
  • imageashmmill:
    I o'ed on day 70 something with my m/c and day 50 something with this pregnancy. We had been trying for this baby since last September and I've actually only had 4 cycles since then and gotten pregnant two of them. 

Wow, that's so great. Good things really do come to those who wait.                    All the best with your pregnancy.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageajco55:
    I have to giggle at CD 25 being a "late ovulation" I O'd on CD 49 and got pregnant. I'm only 5 weeks so we'll see where this ends... I was off BC since December- so 8 months. Only had 4 periods and one was brought on by Provera. 

Oh that's great, it really gives me so much hope to hear this. 

Congrats on the BFP and hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"