Orange County Babies
Options

Tanaka farm coop delivery in Long beach

I finally tried out the local organic produce delivery in a Long Beach Coop from Tanaka farm.  It was the best!!!  The produce was fresh and it was such a great deal.  I got 1 head of iceberg, 1 head of romaine lettuce, 1 bunch of small carrot, 1 lb of green beans, 1 head of celery, 4 apples, 4 banana, 1 bunch of cilantro, 3 potato, ~ 10 red green onions, all for 20 dollars.  It was a huge box and was way too much for us for  1 week's worth of food.  I found out that the content is different every week and even in every box.  I was going to sign up for dec but it's just such a busy month that I'll wait to sign up for Jan. 

I would highly recommend it if anyone is in this area or would like to start their own coop from Tanaka farm!

Re: Tanaka farm coop delivery in Long beach

• Options
    How do you sign up to try it?
  • Options

if you're in the Long Beach area, there is a yahoo group called longbeachfoodcooperation.  Join that group and you pretty much just need to write a check and you can start picking up the box that the farm deliver to a local park every week. 

If you're not in the long beach area, you'll have to probably check with the farm to see about whether they deliver to your area or if you can buy the box at the farm.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Long Beachers! I have to give a shout out to Beach Greens, another organic produce delivery service in Long Beach. All the produce comes from local farmers markets, and you can specify what you do/don't want. I love it, it has really upped our produce intake! And they deliver right to your front door.

https://beachgreens.com/

• Options
    is it 37 for 2 people's worth every week?  That's a little pricier than tanaka farm's which is 20 for 4 people each week.  Delivering to the door is really nice though.... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"