Military Families

UGH....FT. BELVOIR

I know many of you are or have been there......Long story short, I am now 4 days past due...I had membranes stripped on Monday and again on Friday night (in L&D at Ft. Belvoir). after the 2nd time, I walked the hopsital for 2 hours straight, started with contractions (pelvic and back pain) every 10 mins..went back up to L&D to be rechecked and I was 4cm 75%..not much different prior to walking. Dr. Sent me home with Ambien to get some rest and things have seized other than an occasional hour or 2 of contractions.WHY WON'T they just admit me?? i can go to civillian hospital at this point, complain of contractions and they will admit me and Tricare will pay since I am at the magic # of 4 cm
Since home been doing a lot of speed walking and sitting on my medicine ball rolling my hips.. I am SO DONE!!! Just wanted to vent..been crying off and on for past 2 days..i am getting very depressed....Please no more suggestions..Between friends/family/coworkers/forums..I can't take another "suggestion" to get things moving...We have tried EVERYTHING!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UGH....FT. BELVOIR

• Big big Hug  Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know you're frustrated and just venting and this won't be what you want to hear but I applaud them for NOT admitting you, strapping you on the monitors & starting pitocin when it's unnecessary.  It sounds like you're in prodromal labor which could be due to various things (most likely a malpositioned baby). 

Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Hang in there. I was walking around at 5cm and 90 for over a week and my civilian hospital also didn't admit me. Avoiding induction is a good thing. The baby will arrive soon.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• There is no magic number. If you are not following the 5-1-1 rule, then you are not in active labor. I walked around for WEEKS at 4-5 cm. With no regular contractions, it doesn't mean anything. 

A civilian hospital will send you home if you aren't in active labor. I was 5 cm when I walked into L&D with dd. I was contracting, but they were not  registering (actually, none of them did my entire labor). they were ready to ship me out the door. My OB is the one who wanted to get the ball rolling because I was scheduled for a c-section the following week, and we were trying to avoid that. So 4cm means squat if you are not following the 5-1-1 rule, even in a civilian hospital.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Honestly, you need to chill. Average for a first time mom is 41 weeks and 1 day so you could still have some time. I also applaud them for not admitting you. There is nothing magical about being admitted to the hospital or inducing. It's almost always better to let nature take its course. I also think you probably have a malpositioned baby who is trying to move into the correct one. Check out spinningbabies.com for some exercises to correct positioning problems.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Admitting you won't speed anything up - you'll just be stuck in a hospital in the same situation.  I'm sorry that you're frustrated, but I think they are doing the right thing by not admitting you until you are in active labor.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"