January 2012 Moms
Options

Vitamins/flouride

What vitamins are you giving LO now? Our pedi gave us a script for a multi vitamin with flouride but I'm not sure I want to give LO extra flouride. Anyone giving the enfamil ones?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vitamins/flouride

• Options
    DS pediatrician has never said anything about vitamins. I think babies get their vitamins from drinking formula and/or BM at this age.

I probably wouldn't do vitamins with fluoride because it is already added to tap water and too much fluoride isn't good for your teeth.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Mine suggested iron fortified drops this past appointment, but I'm going to pass.  Unless DS is showing an iron deficiency, I don't see the point in giving him more.

I doubt the fluoride would hurt much, but if you're wary about it, you can always choose to skip or ask for a prescription without it.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're giving the Enfamil D-Vi-Sol.  Our ped said a multivitamin wasn't necessary and unless she shows signs of anemia we don't need to add iron.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

I have a (personal) problem with the amount of flouride pushed on us by modern medicine so I would be hesitant to give it to my child. When we were breastfeeding/pumping, LO was supposed to get a multivitamin but never really did. Now that he is solely formula-fed, he's not getting any multivitamins.

His ped did say that as he gets a little bit older we will need to start feeding him some protein. She hasn't requested that we get him a multivitamin yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it depends whether you BF or FF. While I was still able to BF our pedi recommended vit D. Once I had to switch to formula he never said anthing about vitamins again. Formula has pretty much everything a baby needs so I'm not going to give her anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"