Postpartum Depression

PPD creeping up? (kind of rambley)

After DS was born, I was diagnosed w/ PPD.  I went on prozac (I've had depression in the past & my dr. & I decided since I've used prozac & it worked, we'll stick w/ it).  I weaned myself off of it around 3 months (my dr. never said when to/if ever!).  I had forgotten to take it for a week and was feeling great. 

DS is now 5months, almost 6 months and I have been feeling so rundown & wanting to just bawl my eyes out.  I'm not sure if it's the PPD creeping back up, or if it's just me overwhelmed w/ a full time job (that is requiring extra hours right now), being a mom, husband gone during the week, keeping up the household, and studying 2-3 hours/night for a huge exam I need to take end of October.   I'm not sleeping well and I'm not sure if that's due to the anxiety/stress of my life right now or the PPD. 

Remember how when the babe was teeny tiny & you were sleep deprived & you wanted to just sit & cry about everything (w/o the PPD), but once you laid down for 30-40 min you felt better?  That's kind of how I feel..

Also, anyone feel guilty about not enjoying their babe at the beginning because of the PPD?  I feel like that's precious time I'll never get back - he was such a cute & snuggley little nugget, I didn't take advantage/enjoy it like I feel I wanted to.

Anyways...must keep putting 1 foot in front of the other.  As my mother always says - this too shall pass.  Just wanted opinions on if I should go back on the prozac or not.

Re: PPD creeping up? (kind of rambley)

• Honestly I am surprised you weaned off so quickly. My therapist said it's recommended that, no matter how severe ppd you have, one should stay on the meds for at least 6 to 8 months to make sure it does not come back. 

I would return to your dr. and consider going back on the medication. PPD is such a hard experience and overcoming it is not as easy as many think.

And yes, I do feel guilty about missing out the first 6 weeks. I even stopped bfing because of it. The only thing you can do now is enjoy the time you have and make sure you are taking care of yourself and your lo.

GL!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly, that is how my depression and anxiety came back. It felt like I was run down and overwhelmed all of the time. I can't quite shake it. Some days I'm fine, but other days I feel like I can't handle anything. I also have a lot of trouble resting. I just went to a phsychiatrist on Friday and they want to put me back on Prozac. It's what worked for me in the past as well. I took it during my pregnancy and nursing with DS. I feel guilty because DD  is just doing so well and I hate to expose her to the prozac so suddenly, but I'm feeling like I don't have much choice. I feel like those days of exhaustion are just getting more and more common.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"