Special Needs
Options

So many ...

Time was when I was growing up with my SN sister that she was the ONLY child in the doctor's waiting room that was different and the ONLY one lots of places.  Well, the last three times I've been to my sons' pediatrician's office, I've seen one or more SN child.  And just out and about, I see more too.  I don't know if I'm more tuned into it now or that there are just more.

I hear the statistics and of course I'm a bit skeptical but I don't know so much anymore.  Like I said, over the last 6 months, I've been to the pediatrician 3-4 times and each time I've seen a SN child.  Today it was a little boy - big boy actually but his behavior seemed significantly younger and he was making this high pitched squealing sound but not really talking.  I recognized it immediately because Chris makes that sound sometimes.  And oddly enough, Chris recognized it immediately - it was kinda weird.  He was playing with my phone and the little boy walked in - completely ignored him.  Then the kid started making that squeal and Chris's head shot up in the direction of the sound and just looked at the little boy.  By now the little boy was sitting next to me so I was between the 2 and Chris just looked at him curiously.  I said "say hi" and the other little boy stuck out his hand and made something akin to the "hi" gesture and made the squealing sound again.  The mom seemed a little mortified but then I said "mine doesn't talk much either".  I think she got what I was really saying though.

Sometimes we think we're the only ones but there are so many people out there in our same (or similar) situation.  I know it's not a 'good' thing but it helps to not feel so alone.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: So many ...

• Options
    I'm sure she got what you were saying. It is hard sometimes to not feel alone. It's bitter-sweet to find someone in a similar situation as us. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I find myself stalking people with kids with Ds when we see them. I always try to introduce myself and DD to them so they don't think Im some crazy following them around lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"