January 2012 Moms
Options

Can we start fall early? A short happy vent!

As much as I hate to wish time away, I am so looking forward to the cool crisp apple cider days of fall!  

It started for me today as it is a cool 62 degree overcast day, and I spent the morning in the back yard picking crabapples and now boiling them with cinnamon sticks and cloves to make jelly...  mmm can't you smell it?    I know we'll be back to the 90's next Monday but I've had it with the heat and looking forward to sweater wearing, fall round ups, cleaning the yard, squash soup, pumpkin patches and halloween.  Bring it. 

DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Can we start fall early? A short happy vent!

• Options
    So excited for fall!!! Can't wait for cider, pumpkin lattes and DS first Halloween!!! Also ready to lounge in some cozy sweats and watch football with DH and a beer!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I have my fall wreath finished (and will be helping my mom make hers when she comes down next), my fall garlands ready to be draped across the mantel, and am looking forward to decorating my table with pumpkins and candles and stuff. I'm itching to hang up the wreath but will wait until September 1! I'm so not waiting until Labor Day to start.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Although I love it, I'm usually dreading Fall because I'm a teacher...well, was. I quit in June to be a SAHM and I realized that this is the first fall since I was 5 (with the exception of when DS was born) that I have been able to excitedly anticipate Fall without school coming along with it!

I'm so excited for apple picking, cider, pumpkin everything...especially pumpkin spice lattes, leaves changing colors, cooler weather, DS's birthday, and football! I have DS and DD's Giants jersey's ready to go! DD has football leg warmers, too...so excited! 

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Options

imageLibraryChica:

Do you have pictures? I need some fall decorating ideas. My mom used to make wreaths out of nuts.  

Pictures of my wreath? 

It was super easy and super cheap (well, depending on how big of a wreath you want and if you can get the burlap cheap). The only thing I'm not liking is how the top looks less than full due to the hook. I also think I should have gone with colored burlap (maybe green or even burgundy).

I wish I could see your mom's wreath out of nuts...that sounds pretty. :D 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"