Health & Exercise
Options

Any recs for a fitness dance/Zumba DVD?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a fitness DVD that can give me a good cardio workout...and be FUN at the same time? I do light jogging and Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred in between but I need more cardio that isn't quite as hard on the joints as the jogging on concrete. I don't have a ton of space in my condo but enough to get a fair workout, I think. My skill level is intermediate in terms of dance (I used to be on the dance team in HIGH SCHOOL...a LONG time ago) but I have never done any Zumba and heard it can be quite a challenge.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any recs for a fitness dance/Zumba DVD?

• Options

I really love my Zumba DVDs. If you can find a newer version rather than some of the first ones they did. It's not too challenging as long as you are relaxed, if you can't do exactly what they are doing, you can improvise so you are still working out.

I have also heard good things about Hip-Hop abs, but that's DIFFICULT! I'm not brave enough to try it yet! 

• Options
    As a Zumba Fitness Instructor...I totally love Zumba!  I've had the DVDs since they came out 11+ years ago, but I have to say that classes are so much more fun!  I've also done Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam with quite a bit of success.  Both of which also have a dance aspect to them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKarlieeAnne:

I really love my Zumba DVDs. If you can find a newer version rather than some of the first ones they did. It's not too challenging as long as you are relaxed, if you can't do exactly what they are doing, you can improvise so you are still working out.

I have also heard good things about Hip-Hop abs, but that's DIFFICULT! I'm not brave enough to try it yet! 

Its not that difficult.  not like Insanity.  you should try it.  I'm doing the ab sculpt today  

• Options
    Do you have a wii?  I really like my Zumba game.  You put a belt on and the remote goes inside of it and your movements are kind of recorded so that you know if you are doing the moves right, or at least getting close lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As pp mentioned I would recommend any of the Zumba DVDs and the wii Zumba. I also love the dwts DVDs or sometimes the pro dancers come out with their own workout videos and I love trying those out too! 
  • Options
    Zumba is a challenge, but it doesn't really feel like it! I would try looking up videos on Youtube first to see if you like it, and hey - it's free!
  • Options

Turbo Fire.

I promise it is a lot like Zumba in terms of fun and calorie burn and is HIIT (high intensity interval training).  Just like with zumba not great if jumping and dance steps and you dont mix. 

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageCarlySara:
    As a Zumba Fitness Instructor...I totally love Zumba!  I've had the DVDs since they came out 11+ years ago, but I have to say that classes are so much more fun!  I've also done Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam with quite a bit of success.  Both of which also have a dance aspect to them.

I'm sorry for hijacking your post but I have a question. First I have to agree with this statement. Classes are so much more fun than the videos and the video game and I've done them both. I bet you can find one in your area that is pretty inexpensive. 

I'm also an instructor and I was wondering how long into your pregnancy you worked. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"