Single Parents
Options

bd in delivery room....

my babys dad and i just recently broke up and he says wants to be in the delivery room with me when i give birth in september and i dont know how i feel about that.... should i let him be in the room or not? i think his mom may be wanting him to be in the room so she can come in and see the baby before anybody else does and i dont want her to see the baby period
Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: bd in delivery room....

• Options
    Tough situation. If you aren't comfortable with him there, then don't let him in the delivery room. Maybe a compromise is he is in the waiting room? At least, even if you aren't together, he has a moment to bond with the baby after birth. You can dictate only certain people at the hospital, but whether we like it our not BD grandmas will be around the kids - good luck. Make your delivery the experience YOU want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The delivery is about you period. You can let him in the room but not her. She can wait in the hospital waiting room like anyone else.

You need to have a relaxing and focused delivery if they are going to take away from that, then don't let them in.

They will have the rest of their lives to bond and be with this child. Being in the delivery room isnt necessary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My bd and I were not together when I gave birth to my DD and we were not very civil either.  I was so stressed about him being in the room and did NOT want him there at all.  When the day came around, I felt the exact opposite.  He even held one of my legs while I pushed.  As for his mom, just don't let her back to the delivery room.
  • Options
    It all depends on how you feel hun. I've already told my OB that I refuse to have this baby's father in the room near me and he will call security if he tries to come in. He got a lil attention from some skank and he left what could've been a really great thing, he now has his new gf pregnant..the one he cheated on me with when I was 20wks along so really, he can be in the room with her. You might totally change your mind like one of the pp's did and actually want him in there, whatever the decision it IS yours.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

As the others said it is entirely up to YOU and how YOU feel. If you think you might want him there tell him he can be in the waiting room and if you decide you want him a nurse can go get him. You can also kick him out halfway through. Labour and delivery is truly one of those times where you just have to do what you need to do. It is far to difficult without adding in the stress of worrying about other people's emotions and desires.

FWIW I delivered my son with my Mother and best friend in the room. My friend is a photographer and photographed the birth for me and I almost told her not to come because I was in so much pain (no drugs). By the time I hit transition I couldn't tell you who was in there unless I look at the pictures ;) I thought I would be upset without him there but it was just fine. 

You only get to deliver this baby once and experience their birth once. Do what you need to do to make it a joyful experience.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"