Single Parents
Options

Venting because I don't know what else to do

I don't want to post a long story or even a sob story, but I'm just lost. BD and I are in the middle of a divorce. We've been separated for well over a year and the end is near for our divorce. I've done everything to get our separation legal and our papers finalized with no help from BD. His child support only covers his half of preschool for DS so my SO and I take care of everything just about. However, BD refuses to pay any more child support until he has some documentation that I've filed for divorce. I asked my lawyer's secretary to send him something and she said he should receive something soon. I usually wouldn't get upset and just say "oh well he's a p.o.s anyways" but I've hit a rough patch with money and NOTHING is going right for me lately. BD has missed 2 payments and that was money I was counting on to help out. Thankfully I have food on the table and everything I need, but there are things DS needs for back to school and it's like I'm at BDs whim because I'm waiting on that money. It makes me so angry that a father would do this. I understand if he was giving me alimony or some ridiculous amount of child support, but he's not and him refusing to pay is basically him refusing to provide for his son. He thinks he does the best he can since I now live in VA and he's in FL, but that's a bunch of crap. He hasn't called DS in almost a month and hasn't seen DS in almost a year. he has no idea what goes on with DS or what he's interested in and he thinks he's doing everything he can...my @$$!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Venting because I don't know what else to do

• Options

I'm so sorry you have to go through this crap. Its definately not easy. My older kids father just screwed me for my hydro money...he said he was sending $100 so I could take my daughter back to school shopping so I text him and said I was taking her and he still hadn't emailed me the money..I get a text saying he won't be sending it. FFS...so hopefully my hydro doesn't get turned off!

Its just not fair, they can make these kids in a matter of minutes but when the reality hits of another life they actually have to care for then they panic. They either run like a *** or they play it off like its nothing and they'll "do it when they get around to it" Grrrrrr men tick me off so much! Just stay strong mama, always be thankful for what you have and good karma will come to you :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do you have a court order or anything? Technically he doesn't "have" to give you anything until there's something official...Trust me, I learned the long way. However, once there is a court order, he will owe you back child support. Have you thought about going through CSS and just have them garnish it so you won't have to deal with him for this in the future?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelovemarriagebabydivorce:
    Do you have a court order or anything? Technically he doesn't "have" to give you anything until there's something official...Trust me, I learned the long way. However, once there is a court order, he will owe you back child support. Have you thought about going through CSS and just have them garnish it so you won't have to deal with him for this in the future?

We do have a court order. I have thought about going through CSS and I basically threatened him saying if he doesn't pay up, I'm going to go that route. It just makes me so mad because when he was paying, he never did it on time and that hurts me when it's the first of the month and DSs school tuition is due. He either says I can't pay you til I get paid or I don't have the time to send it out or some other b.s. and I get so mad because just like rent, tuition is due before the 5th and sometimes he doesn't pay his payment (which is due on the 1st) until after the 7th.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

DS and I moved out when he was only 6 weeks old .. he's now 6 1/2 months old .. BD has bought one box of diapers and that's it .. he said that his lawyer advised him not to buy things for DS .. he is court ordered to pay child support but I have yet to see a single penny .. = 

image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"