Food Allergy
Options

Mommy Allergy & Epipen Safety

This is for any moms with allergies who are required to carry an Epipen.. What do you do to keep it safely hidden and away from your little one? I have to always have one with me in my purse, etc but I'm struggling on how to keep it away from DS. He's almost 4 and in that extremely nosey stage so I am struggling. The only safety thing I can seem to find to keep it locked so he can't get it is the safety sack, which I have and am not pleased. Any advice? TIA!!

Re: Mommy Allergy & Epipen Safety

• Options

Frankly, my guys are not trying to play with the epi.  But maybe that's because DS#3 has experienced the epi first hand and he's not trying to relive that experience.

Does your DS show interest in the epi at all?  Maybe you can show him the training pen to remove the mystery but let him know it is not a toy and is there to keep him safe?

We keep an epi on top of the microwave, in plain sight, every day.  Not once have any of the boys tried to touch, play with or move the epi.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    We have epi pens for DH and the jr for my son.  We have them in the kitchen, and in their backpacks, and in my purse.  The kids know there is medicine in there, we have gone over the training one, so they know what it does, and I describe how there is the needle in there, so very sharp.  They really haven't tried to mess with them at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We keep ours in a zippered container, along with his Benedryl. He isn't to the age of where he could reach it, but we keep one in the cupboard in the kitchen, and then the zippered container is always on the corner of the counter in the kitchen. Unless it is in my purse, DH's backpack, etc. So far he isn't too interested in the zippered container.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have several for my older DD.  I keep a couple in the kitchen and a couple in my purse.  She knows there is a needle in there, so she doesn't mess with it.  We had to use it a couple of weeks ago, and now she really has no desire to examine it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"