Late Term and Child Loss
Options

***Loss Check-In***

Hello Ladies,Welcome to our Thursday Check-In!I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too.Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night?Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?GTKY: Do you have any pets?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ***Loss Check-In***

• Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? Not really, I'm about the same.
    What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Getting rid of this uti!! I gotta speak up with the doc.
    QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night (or during the day Smile)I hop on here =) or listen to some music.
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?Brianna, always. And...UTI and how much I hate it!
    GTKY: Do you have any pets?5 guinea pigs, 2 bunnies, 1 hamster, 2 leopard geckos, a freshwater and saltwater fish tanks.
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? I made an appointment with a counselor for tomorrow.  I feel like I shouldn't need this, but I do.  I've also been journaling and talking about it, which helps.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? I will see my OB next week for a post-pregnancy appointment.  I know it is early, but I'm going to talk to her about when we can TTC again.  I'm not ready now, but I had to go to an RE to get pregnant, and I'm hoping to get an appointment in the books for January-ish.

QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night? I have no problem sleeping at night.  I always talk to my little boy before I go to bed, and it helps.  I take comfort in telling him that I love him, and I hope he can hear me.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? This is all so new, so I'm still processing the loss.  Everything is on my mind.

GTKY: Do you have any pets? I have a dog. :)

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?DH and I opened the memory box on Sunday (4 weeks since Julian was born). The hospital did a really nice job of putting it together. It was painful to look through everything, but I'm glad we did it. What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?No specific goals. I tend to get too wrapped up in goals/plans/timelines-I don't think that's what I need right now. QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night?I've been sleeping well lately, but in the days after Julian was born when I was waking up in the middle of the night I would go sit in the nursery and think about him. Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?I've realized that I need to take more time to actually reflect on our loss instead of just trying to get through each day. I think that will be helpful to me in processing everything so that I'll be better able to handle returning to work, social life, and beginning our next TTC journey.GTKY: Do you have any pets?No, but I love animals-I got to visit a farm this weekend and hang out with some goats, pigs, cows and chickens. I wouldn't want to own livestock, though-I plan to stick with dogs and cats. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?

Not really, just continuing our therapy sessions.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?

To lose some weight before our January IVF cycle. The plan is to start exercising with my husband, first I need to get rid of this nasty summer cold.

QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night?

I go into the nursery and open their memory box from the hospital. I look at the sole picture we have of them, and the card with their footprints. I journal/blog. Sometimes I fall asleep in what was supposed to be my nursing chair.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Self blame for the loss of our boys. The what ifs are back big time. What if I didn't shower and stayed on bed rest while in the hospital, what if I didn't work that last week, what if I wasn't so stressed those last two days of work.

GTKY: Do you have any pets?

Yup! We have an 4year old 80lb Boxer named Logan. He stayed by my side during my first IVF cycle, slept with his head on my stomach while I was pregnant and attempted to lick my tears while I cried in bed all day after our losses. Now he's confused when I leave and come home hours later from work. After being home every day for 6 weeks he got a little used to me not leaving.

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
  • Options

Some small steps. I saw some friends over the weekend.  I also have not been breaking down as much.  Last week was the four month anniversary, and it came and went without me even really noticing it.  I'm doing ok.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?

Again, I haven't really set goals.  

I usually don't have this problem, I sleep like a rock.

TTC as usual, and just trying to get healthy, and my body back in shape a little.

We have one cat named 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?Not really. We are still going to counseling, but lately we've been talking about marriage issues only semi-related to losing Patricia. 
    What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?I am taking things day by day. No goals on the horizon.
    QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night?If I can't sleep, it's usually because I'm crying. So I keep crying until I exhaust myself enough and fall asleep.  
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?I am hoping DH and I don't separate. I am so angry that this happened to us. Everything is messy and I wish we could go back to how things were before.  
    GTKY: Do you have any pets?I got a smooth fox terrier in 7th grade who stayed with my parents when I went to college and still lives there. She is 15 in people years, pretty deaf, and mostly blind. It would be cruel to take her to a new place now. When my parents go on vacations, DH and I move into their house to take care of her! She is so spoiled!! 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options

I went to a grief counselor/therapist yesterday.  It helps to talk about my feelings.  And I feel like I'm pushing my fiance away and thought it would be good to talk about that too.

I hope to make it through today - my fiance's first day back at work.  I hate being away from him and am just hoping I don't regress today.  My plan is to finish reading a book and get out of the house for at least an hour.

I can sleep just fine as long as I'm snuggled with my fiance. 

My baby girl. 

3 dogs. 

Baby W. Early miscarriage @ 6w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog www.jdsrainbow.blogspot.com
  • Options

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?  I had someone at work tell me the whole "God wanted him back home" deal, and I didn't have the urge to throat punch her. 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?  Nothing really...I just want to be able to continue to talk and think about Eliott and feel somewhat happy instead of sad.

QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night?  This has been a problem recently.  I just lie there and think, so I'm going to be reading through others' suggestions.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Not much...just thinking about how I should have a 2 year old.

GTKY: Do you have any pets?  1 cat and 1 dog...we had another sweet kitty that we had to put down in June.

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?I'm am actively trying to switch my thoughts when I feel myself becoming jealous of those who are pregnant and able to have healthy, live, full-term babies. 
    What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?I signed up for a 200 mile running relay race for January. Training for it began this week. It is something positive for me to focus on and help me get back in shape. 
    QOTW: What do you do when you can't sleep at night?Recently it seems to be that I lie there and get mad at myself for not being able to sleep. Then I try to relax my mind by reciting the alphabet over and over and over. The repetition seems to help. 
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?How incredibly stressful my work has been and how there are all these deadlines that I need to make and how there aren't enough people or time to be able to make the deadlines all while knowing that City Council is against my department and wants to cut my staffing. Fun easy stuff. Not. 
    GTKY: Do you have any pets?Yep and they're all here with me as we speak. Two large black doggies - one lab, one rottie mix and two kitties - a little white one who is currently on my lap and a tuxedo kitty who is always hungry. They make me happy. :) 
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"