1st Trimester
Options

One sided pain?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm noticing cramping more on my right side than anything else.

Is this normal?

Doctor told me cramping is normal but if it's not my whole abdomen is only my right side.

When I saw the doc and she pressed on my left side I had some pain and she said it was probably a cyst and those are normal.  My friend said that cyst confirms which side you ovulate from.  If this is all true... could the opposite side pain just be where the baby is implanted.  Should i be concerned?   It's not intense but it's there and it's annoying.  

By the way I'm in my 4th week.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One sided pain?

• Options
    My baby is implanted on the left - and that's where my pain is... the same thing happened with my previous pregnancy
    ~Heather~ TTC Since 12/2009
    Septated uterus, pcos (on metformin), MTHFR
    Clomid # 1- July 2010 = BFN / #2 Sept 2010= BFN
    IVF#1 - 1/2011 = BFN (Severe AF started 7dpo)
    IVF#2 - 3/2011 = Ectopic
    Aug 2011- FE - Thaw all - cancelled - embryos didn't make it!
    Oct 2011 - IVF#3 = BFP!! ~ TWINS!!
    Said goodbye to Twin B @ 9w5d
    Hudson Edward ~ Pprom 18 wks 2/16/12 - We love you forever. You have our hearts.
    8/15/12 5dFET = BFP! ~ Said goodbye at 7wks gestation
    11/9/12 5dFET = BFP! ~ Said goodbye at 5wks gestation
    12/28/12 - Septated Uterus Found (was misdiagnosed as bicornuate!)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imageChevTrucksr4Grls:
    My baby is implanted on the left - and that's where my pain is... the same thing happened with my previous pregnancy

Does that mean you;ve already had an ultrasound? 

This makes me feel better... maybe it's where mine is! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a cyst on my right ovary before I got pregnant and it hurts more now that I am pregnant. My doctor said it was normal for cysts to hurt more during pregnancy! Good luck!

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had a pain in my right side with my first pregnancy that turned out to be a cyst.  It eventually went away on it's own and felt better.  Doctors weren't worried about it.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm just about 11 weeks and I still experience a lot of one-sided pain. I brought this up to my doctor during my last ultrasound (during my 9th week). He checked my ovaries for cysts and didn't see any. 

I have a retro-verted (tipped) uterus. I've never been able to use tampons because I experience pain on the right side when I try (there is a point to this statement).And now, during pregnancy, I still get one-sided (right) pain. It has become less frequent, but as the baby and uterus grow, the uterus will turn into the correct position. I think that is happening for me because the pain is becoming less frequent.

Doctor verified I don't have an ectopic pregnancy, any cysts, and since I have no bleeding, brushed it off as normal and told me not to worry.  

Could be similar to you, maybe? Our bodies are changing. But if you aren't experiencing any bleeding, I'd suggest to take a few breaths until it passes, just as I do. :) 

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/womenshealth/tippeduterus.html 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"