April 2012 Moms
Options

Butterbrot Butter Rot

First..my autocorrect has renamed you Butter Rot. Second I saw below that you have an early riser in you ranks.

Remember my miracle baby that was taking 34 hour naps? She tricked me. She decided it is cool to sleep from 7:30pm5:30am. Your ungodly early morning wake up call from the future is hurdling through the time space continuem and headed straight for me!

WTH am I supposed to do with this chubby child at that hour? She wants to howl and laugh and mock my tired azz and everyone else is asleep. This also means my miracle nap baby has gone away. I wonder if some lucky lady in Hawaii has come by this lost nap by way of the space time thing that brought me your wake up hour? We do assume this thing moves east to west right? I really should have paid more attention when my dad watched Star Trek The Next Genetstion. THEN I would have the answers we need.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Butterbrot Butter Rot

• Options
    Bump mobile thwarts my 3 to 4 hour hyphen again! I'm 0 and 2. No! That's a save, add 1 to the win column.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    One day this week ds started the day at 4 am. Really 4 am?! Then 5 am another day. What is wrong with these kids?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Looks like we're the only ones up!  And Butter Rot, that made me LOL.

FWIW my DS1 did the 5am thing for a looong time, all summer.  It sucked.  But, when the seasons changed and it was dark for longer he grew out of it.  Might be the summer thing?  How dark is her room? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagestarbound6:
    Looks like we're the only ones up! nbsp;And Butter Rot, that made me LOL.FWIW my DS1 did the 5am thing for a looong time, all summer. nbsp;It sucked. nbsp;But, when the seasons changed and it was dark for longer he grew out of it. nbsp;Might be the summer thing? nbsp;How dark is her room?nbsp;

It is really dark. I am so not an early riser. I would trade a MOTN feed to get up 1 hour later and that is still early for me. Yes, I am complaining that my baby STTN, lol. Oh well, I consider sleep patterns to be semitransient the first year and will just roll with it. It always used to shift a bit just when I would get adjusted with 1. I'm not used to this early bed time either as older DD set her 8:30 bedtime at about 4 months. I need to pick a night to go to bed around 8 to feel refreshed I think.
  • Options
    imagehuahualove:
    One day this week ds started the day at 4 am. Really 4 am?! Then 5 am another day. What is wrong with these kids?!

4am...that's not reasonable :
  • Options

imageHarper'smom:
    imagestarbound6:
    Looks like we're the only ones up! nbsp;And Butter Rot, that made me LOL.FWIW my DS1 did the 5am thing for a looong time, all summer. nbsp;It sucked. nbsp;But, when the seasons changed and it was dark for longer he grew out of it. nbsp;Might be the summer thing? nbsp;How dark is her room?nbsp;
    It is really dark. I am so not an early riser. I would trade a MOTN feed to get up 1 hour later and that is still early for me. Yes, I am complaining that my baby STTN, lol. Oh well, I consider sleep patterns to be semitransient the first year and will just roll with it. It always used to shift a bit just when I would get adjusted with 1. I'm not used to this early bed time either as older DD set her 8:30 bedtime at about 4 months. I need to pick a night to go to bed around 8 to feel refreshed I think.

1. Yes, get yourself to bed pronto!!  Schedule every 3rd night to be an early one, I bet that will help a lot.

2. I am envious that you have 2 kids and have not had to convert to "early riser" status.  I was not an early riser either but since kids I have become one unfortunately.  DS1 is awake by 6.30 most mornings.  He stays in his bed until about 7am, but wakes us anyway with his loud singing.  INCEY WINCEY SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDER CLIMBED UP THE WATER SPOUT!!!! x100

• Options

I'm complaining that mine has said that 7:00 or 7:30 is a good time to wake up! I hope your LO gets her act together and grows out of it when the days change. ;)

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Options

Sorry, Dudettes. It sucks big ass. And I don't even consider it him waking up for the day (the fun started here at 4:30 this morning, when he decided to poo), but he thinks otherwise. I brought him down to the living room, let him mock me with his gurgling and arm chewing, and was finally able to nurse him to sleep at 6. At 6:01, my husband and daughter came downstairs, because Harper seems to think it's a great idea to wake up earlier and earlier every day. This makes her cranky and tired by 7 p.m., so we put her to bed. Putting her to bed at 7 means waking up at some unholy hour of the morning, demanding chocolate milk and episodes of The Office. Lather, rinse, repeat until you're all shitbrainedcrazy up in heeeeere.

And Isaac is wearing a disposable and it's full of pee and I've convinced myself that the diaper stinks like hell and is making me feel sick, but if we're being honest, it's probably all those shiiity faux bacon chips I ate last night. Oh, and my back hurts. Maaaaatlock!

Love,

Butterbrot, aka Butter Rot aka also Butter Bot

• Options
    You ladies are cracking me up. I am now downloading all Star Trek episodes, both original and Next Generation, to unlock the key to sending someone else our sleep issues via the space time continuum. I didn't know that was possible, but that is why I bump.

DS normally gets up at 6:30 but slept til 7:15 today. I would be well rested except that rager we had from 35.
  • Options
    3 TO 5. I hate you, bump mobile.
  • Options
    Y'all are hilarious! DS2 has been an early riser since always. According to him, if he's up, so should everyone else. It sucks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJFH2010:
    You ladies are cracking me up. I am now downloading all Star Trek episodes, both original and Next Generation, to unlock the key to sending someone else our sleep issues via the space time continuum. I didn't know that was possible, but that is why I bump. DS normally gets up at 6:30 but slept til 7:15 today. I would be well rested except that rager we had from 35.

JFH sleep is a science "they" say so it wouldn't be a Quantum Leap to mix in some sci-fi especially here on TB where truth is often stranger than fiction. 

• Options
    imageHarper'smom:

imageJFH2010:
    You ladies are cracking me up. I am now downloading all Star Trek episodes, both original and Next Generation, to unlock the key to sending someone else our sleep issues via the space time continuum. I didn't know that was possible, but that is why I bump. DS normally gets up at 6:30 but slept til 7:15 today. I would be well rested except that rager we had from 35.

JFH sleep is a science "they" say so it wouldn't be a Quantum Leap to mix in some sci-fi especially here on TB where truth is often stranger than fiction. 

I loved, loved, loved that show.

• Options
    imageButterbrot:

Sorry, Dudettes. It sucks big ass. And I don't even consider it him waking up for the day (the fun started here at 4:30 this morning, when he decided to poo), but he thinks otherwise. I brought him down to the living room, let him mock me with his gurgling and arm chewing, and was finally able to nurse him to sleep at 6. At 6:01, my husband and daughter came downstairs, because Harper seems to think it's a great idea to wake up earlier and earlier every day. This makes her cranky and tired by 7 p.m., so we put her to bed. Putting her to bed at 7 means waking up at some unholy hour of the morning, demanding chocolate milk and episodes of The Office. Lather, rinse, repeat until you're all shitbrainedcrazy up in heeeeere.

And Isaac is wearing a disposable and it's full of pee and I've convinced myself that the diaper stinks like hell and is making me feel sick, but if we're being honest, it's probably all those shiiity faux bacon chips I ate last night. Oh, and my back hurts. Maaaaatlock!

Love,

1. Back the F up...How do I get my Harper to ask for The Office when she wakes up instead of Dora? I'm getting concerned about her ability to shout random words in Spanish.

2. I sort of fished my sleep wish. A group of teenagers were part of some uprising at the playground in front of our house at 3am. Cue skateboards slamming, profanity, dogs barking, and awwww there it is my pissed off baby who can't figure out how to roll back over. She nursed and then sang and then peed twice and eventually nursed back to sleep until DH woke us up with one of his over the top sneezing fits.

• Options

imagesoftskate31:
    My DD has always been an early riser...5am is her normal time these days. It sucks. Shifting bedtime doesn't work...still wakes at 5 just crankier.

You have my condolences. 

• Options
    imageHarper'smom:
    imageButterbrot:

Love,

1. Back the F up...How do I get my Harper to ask for The Office when she wakes up instead of Dora? I'm getting concerned about her ability to shout random words in Spanish.

2. I sort of fished my sleep wish. A group of teenagers were part of some uprising at the playground in front of our house at 3am. Cue skateboards slamming, profanity, dogs barking, and awwww there it is my pissed off baby who can't figure out how to roll back over. She nursed and then sang and then peed twice and eventually nursed back to sleep until DH woke us up with one of his over the top sneezing fits.

We are bad parents and we have never gotten any kids DVDs for her. My effing ILs bought her some good old fashioned German ones from the 1970s that are just plain creepy (this isn't it, but this is what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-hvd0G9rFE ). She got a Dora birthday card from my Grandma, and it talks. I hate it, therefore I hate Dora. You have my sympathies.

And teenagers just plain suck. I know I did when I was one. Although back then I think I thought I was awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"