C-sections
Options

RCS and fears

When I had DD1, I had a CS after 10 hours of labor, and was kind of running on adrenaline.  This time around I'm having a RCS, and there's plenty of time to think - and be scared. I'm not as worried about something happening to me, but more what will happen to DD1 if something happens to me.  I hate thinking about death and things going wrong, but DD1 and I are so close and I'm just worried as to how things would effect her.  I get all worked up just thinking about it.  Do I write her a letter incase things don't turn out well? every time I even think about it I cry.  (yep, crying now) 

Just wondering how others dealt with this.  I'm assuming it's normal, but still very freaked out.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RCS and fears

• Options
    Do not assume the worst! Your fear has an amazingly small chance of happening. Your docs know what they are doing and do it all the time, you will be fine! My RCS was an absolute breeze. Being more with it and alert than the first time (after 22 hrs labor) was so great. DH and I chatted and laughed, the docs did their thing and it was over and done before I knew it. Recovery was no big deal either. You are going to be amazed how much smoother it is than an emergency one. Let yourself enjoy your last bits of pregnancy and alone time with DD, everything is going to be ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! I have these exact same feelings! In fact, I worry about it so much that I am not even sure that I want to have another baby. It feels like I have so much to lose now, is it worth it for DD??? I think our feelings are totally normal. 

I have been assured by my gf's that have had repeat sections that it is much easier when planned as you don't labor first.  

I'm sure everything will go great! You also have pregnancy hormones that could be escalating your feelings towards the situation:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"