Food Allergy

Anyone do the elimination diet (breastfeeding)?

Saw the pedi gi today and he recommended that or neonate formula. I have been dairy free since June and soy free since July. But DS is still extremely fussy and has green poops so the pedi gi thinks possibly another food intolerance.

It seems very overwhelming to remove more from my diet but I am not sure that I am ready to stop breastfeeding. Any food/recipe suggestions? 

(also posted on breastfeeding) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone do the elimination diet (breastfeeding)?

• Recipes are hard for the TED because it requires you to eat so bland and basic. I ate a lot of pork and poultry seasoned with s & p or italian seasonings and cooked in evoo, sweet potato, and veggies and rice. However, I ended up having to go vegan after finally figuring out my lo has severe chicken intolerance, in addition  to dairy, soy and beef. As hard as it is, I suggest diving right in, because you should see dramatic change within a week if that is it, unlike dairy. I drug it out a little with eliminating things one by one and that just made me have to be on the diet that much longer. You can do it! gl!
  • DS still had mucous in his stool after I eliminated dairy and soy for a few weeks when he was 3 months old. Our pediatric GI said if I wanted to keep breastfeeding to give up dairy/soy/nuts/fish/egg. So I did. I was off all of it for 2 months (this was even during November and December during the holidays) and then started adding one of the categories back in each week, except for dairy.

For breakfast I had cereal with rice milk, for lunches I would do Amy's frozen meals/soups or sandwiches. For dinner I would do a lot of Mexican and pasta from what I remember.   

Overall I was off dairy for 9 months. It was hard and I don't know that I will do it again but as a first time SAHM it was really important to me and I am proud of myself for doing it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"