Parenting after 35

Just what you want to hear

Your DH is OOT on business.  Invariably things go wrong when he is gone -- illness, a/c dying, sprinkler broken, plumbing ER, house alarm goes crazy, etc.  Your assistant notifies you that she is home sick -- with strep.  Your daycare warns you there is an early stomach bug going around (2 cases in DS's breakfast room but thankfully not his main classroom) -- "lasts just 24 hrs!" the memo reads in a perky afternote, as if 12 or so hours of constant puking and diarrhea is like rearranging a few loose hair strands after a breezy walk.  

You somehow know God is giving you advance warning that the sh!t is about to hit the fan.  Perhaps literally.  

Fingers crossed for good health.  I will be typing from my plastic bubble from here on out. 

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: Just what you want to hear

• Ooof. I hope it all passes you guys by.
  • imagePesky:

Your DH is OOT on business.  Invariably things go wrong when he is gone -- illness, a/c dying, sprinkler broken, plumbing ER, house alarm goes crazy, etc.  Your assistant notifies you that she is home sick -- with strep.  Your daycare warns you there is an early stomach bug going around (2 cases in DS's breakfast room but thankfully not his main classroom) -- "lasts just 24 hrs!" the memo reads in a perky afternote, as if 12 or so hours of constant puking and diarrhea is like rearranging a few loose hair strands after a breezy walk.  

You somehow know God is giving you advance warning that the sh!t is about to hit the fan.  Perhaps literally.  

Fingers crossed for good health.  I will be typing from my plastic bubble from here on out. 

Then you get solicited to join the AARP.    Noooooooooo!

Hang tough, mama.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mwdmwd member
    Wow, GL, and invest in some Pepto tonight. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • buy some lysol and ginger ale.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"