Late Term and Child Loss

***PAL Check-In***

Hello Ladies.Welcome to Thursday PAL Check-in! I hope everyone is having a good week. If anyone has any suggestions for questions, please don't be shy!Where are you in your PAL journey? What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? QOTW: Do/will you involve your other child(ren) on your Angelversary or do/will you and your SO acknowledge it privately? Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? GTKY: What is your favourite Disney movie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ***PAL Check-In***

• Where are you in your PAL journey?
    DD will be 3 (going on 13) in Oct.  Due with "Tank III" on 4/9/13

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently?  Still struggling with the idea that I am pregnant with baby#3, but will only have 2 living kids

QOTW: Do/will you involve your other child(ren) on your Angelversary or do/will you and your SO acknowledge it privately? We had a small birthday party for Jack this year (just my parents and my ILs) and I doubt DD understood what was going on but I plan on involving her in those type of events in the future

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? The fall semester for DH starts on Monday so I'm stressing out about finances. He won't be able to work as much so I am back to being the main bread winner (he's been back in school for the past few years but the start of each year always stresses me out). And we are trying to figure out childcare issues etc (we were hoping to get DD into preschool but the schools never called us back about whether she was "accepted" or not...and I am stressed about this pregnancy and will we be be bringing this baby home....I'm just emotionally maxed out.

GTKY: What is your favourite Disney movie? Snow White..hands down! My aunt made me a costume when I was little that I wore for Halloween for several years in a row. (and I always hoped that I would have a daughter so that I could pass the costume down to her...DD will be fufilling her destiny in a few years :) ) I had all the collectibles, my Dad even made a reference to it in his speech at my wedding. I LOVE that movie!
    image Jack was born 1/16/08, died 1/25/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Where are you in your PAL journey? Emma is 9 weeks old - 2 months.

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently?  Moving Em to her own nursery.  She's been sleeping in her RnP next to our bed since we brought her home, but most nights she's ended up co-sleeping so that I can sideline nurse her. Last week we decided to try and transition her to her own nursery since she's a loud grunter which keeps me up. I'm returning to work next Friday and will need sleep in between the times she's up.  I only survived 2 half nights before she go sick.  She was so congested that I couldn't bare to leave her in there by herself.  My fear of her not breathing only intensified 100x.  I tried the nursery again 2 nights ago.  She's still sick, but our monitor is uber sensitive.  I survived a whole night.  I got up to nurse her and laid her back down and went back to my room.  I didn't sideline nurse her until 6:00 am.  I had so much anxiety.  I ended up sleeping with one of her blankets.  It's supposed to be the other way around...

QOTW: Do/will you involve your other child(ren) on your Angelversary or do/will you and your SO acknowledge it privately?  Angelversary, no.  We decided shortly after Logan died that we would not make the day he died a big deal.  He has a birthday.  That is the day we celebrate.  I will never forget the day he died, but it isn't something I want to shine light on for Emma or our future children.  However, we will involve them in his birthday.  We also decided not to throw "birthday" parties for Logan.  Birthday parties are for the living.  This sucks, but it's important that we involve Logan in our children's lives, but never make our living children feel they live in Logan's shadow (something I've seen MIL do - DH brother died at 23).  Instead we started a tradition on Logan's first birthday.  His birthday is 3 days before Halloween - my favorite holiday.  We carved pumpkins that day, once specifically for Logan.  My mom bought a single cupcake.  We will continue this.  It's our way of celebrating Logan, but also including him in the holiday tradition that I've always loved since I was a kid.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Going back to work.  I'm dreading it.  I think I need the "adult" time, but I cannot fathom being away from Emma 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  I'm afraid I'll miss so much....

GTKY: What is your favourite Disney movie?  Can I choose two?  I've loved The Little Mermaid since I was 5.  That is my "fun" favorite movie.  My favorite love story is Beauty & The Beast.  I hope Emma loves these movies too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Where are you in your PAL journey? Zachary is now over 6 months old. :')  What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? I still need to work on getting him into his own room at night.  QOTW: Do/will you involve your other child(ren) on your Angelversary or do/will you and your SO acknowledge it privately? I am pretty sure that we will acknowledge it privately. Zachary and any future children will of course know about their brother but I don't think I will make them "mourn" for him every year like I know I will, if that makes sense.  Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I have been thinking about a lot of Loss ladies this week. Weddedwife, petunia, pottermommy, the new loss moms.... I know you are all going through tough times right now and I wish there was something I could do other then just Internet hugs. GTKY: What is your favourite Disney movie? I LOVE The Lion King! I watched it with DS the other day and he was just mesmerized. :) 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Thank you for thinking of me Mrs Nice! You are so sweet.

Where are you in your PAL journey?

DD is 3. I'm 23 weeks with baby 3, today!

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently?

I am now on night 3 in the hospital. I MADE DH go home and spend the night w DD tonight, she spent the last 2 nights w her grandparents at our house. If I was struggling over not being able to parent her the way I like while I'm on bedrest, now I'm not able to parent her at all from the hospital. I'm thinking about and preparing myself for the possibility of long term hospital bed rest and what that might be like.

QOTW: Do/will you involve your other children on your Angelversary or do/will you and your SO acknowledge it privately?

Still coming up on Nathaniel's 1 yr, not sure what we will do. I know we will do something, and we'll do it as a family.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

So much. The baby I lost at this gestation last year, the baby I'm now trying to save, my daughter who is home without me. ReAlly trying to take this moment by moment.

GTKY: What is your favourite Disney movie?
    Tough one. Probably Alice in Wonderland.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"