March 2012 Moms
Options

Convertible carseat ?

I asked DH for a convertible carseat for my birthday, isn't it funny how things change! Well he told my MIL and she just went ahead and bought one for us. I really appreciate her buying it for us but I'm not real sure I like it. My sister has a 15mth old and said she hated the one I got because her LO's head kept hanging down especially when she fell asleep. It's the natilus 3 in 1. If you have already bought one which one did you get?

Re: Convertible carseat ?

• Options
    We will get the Nautalus when DS#1 starts FFing.  We have the Britax Boulevard and love love love it!  IMO, you won't find a better seat!
  • Options
    imageJessica1232:
    I asked DH for a convertible carseat for my birthday, isn't it funny how things change! Well he told my MIL and she just went ahead and bought one for us. I really appreciate her buying it for us but I'm not real sure I like it. My sister has a 15mth old and said she hated the one I got because her LO's head kept hanging down especially when she fell asleep. It's the natilus 3 in 1. If you have already bought one which one did you get?

I can't wait to get my laptop back! Posting on a cell phone sucks! It's the Graco nautilus 3 in 1!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJessica1232:
    imageJessica1232:
    I can't wait to get my laptop back! Posting on a cell phone sucks! It's the Graco nautilus 3 in 1!
    You can't use this car seat for a 5 month old.  The Nautilus is for FFing ONLY.
  • Options
    Like PP said, the Nautilus is a forward facing only seat.  I would check out the First Years True Fit Premier, the Diono Radian, or the Evenflo Symphony 65 e3.  They have the highest shells on the market and are least likely to be outgrown by height.  
  • Options
    We love our radian rxt. Dd is very confortable in it and her head doesn't drop forward. It has the highest rear facing weight limit and was crash tested at speeds higher than required. It is HEAVY and takes up a lot of room rf.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    We have the Safety 1st Complete Air. I have a smaller car and it fits perfect. DD loves it because she isnt laying down as much. It also can be forward or rear facing.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options
    Britax Marathon 70. Fits great in the back of a Mazda 3. DD loves being able to sit up straighter and look out the window.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagesharmurph18:

imageJessica1232:
    imageJessica1232:

His current carseat is good up to 30lbs. Which should last him till he is at least a year old or maybe even longer. I just went ahead and asked for the convertible carseat while we could afford it and before the holiday credit card rolls in.
  • Options
    imagesharmurph18:

imageJessica1232:
    imageJessica1232:

His current carseat is good up to 30lbs. Which should last him till he is at least a year old or maybe even longer. I just went ahead and asked for the convertible carseat while we could afford it and before the holiday credit card rolls in.
  • Options
    imagesharmurph18:

imageJessica1232:
    imageJessica1232:

• Options
    imageJessica1232:
    imagesharmurph18:

imageJessica1232:
    imageJessica1232:

The Nautilus isn't a convertible- it is a harnessed booster. It is a FF harnessed seat, a high back booster, and a low back booster. It is recommended that LOs stay RF until a minimum of 2, so you will need a convertible seat at some point. Your LO will most likely outgrow his infant seat by height long before he reaches 30lbs. For reference, my near 3.5 year old daughter just hit the 30lb mark.

The Nautilus will be a great seat for him when your LO is 2-4 years old. We have one for each car for our DD and really like the seat.

For a convertible that will allow you to RF a good, long time I'd recommend the Complete Air. We have this seat as well and DD was able to RF in it until just before she turned 3. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"