September 2012 Moms
Options

Starbucks

What's your goto beverage when hitting up Starbucks?

I'm kinda feeling a Carmel macchiato, but curious about the caffeine content.
DS1 - 9/18/12
DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

Re: Starbucks

• Options
    You can always get that in a decaf :)  I usually get decaf lattes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Decaf anything.

I like the white chocolate mocha (decaf). Probably has 49,000 calories but I don't care, I have them like once a week.

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's been so long I've forgotten!  I lost my taste for coffee in the 1st tri and it's never returned.  Mocha something??

If you google, you should be able to get the caffeine content. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vanilla Bean Frap! :) My favorite ever!
  • Options
    Pregnant: soy strawberries and cream
    Not pregnant: soy chai tea [iced or hot depending on weather. Sometimes w a shot of pumpkin]
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Caffeinated iced coffee...straight up.  gasp.  Dr. actually recommended caffeine to slow my Braxton Hicks.  Works like a CHARM.  Although I do only have one a day, so as the day goes on, BH acts up.

• Options
    Shows you how much I know about coffee regular/decaf.

Think I may stop on my way home from work, just didn't want to be kept up all night!
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Options

I LOOOOVE Starbucks. If I were rich I'd be there every day. I get decaf or 1/2 caf now.

Iced:
    Caramel Macchiato or
    Coconut Mocha Latte (when in season - no whip, NOT the frappachino) 

Hot:
    Pumpkin Spice Latte when in season 
    Caramel Macchiato
    Caramel Brule Latte

• Options
    Tall vanilla latte (hot) or a caramel apple spice.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I usually order decaf even when not pregnant. My go to is a decaf cinnamon dolce latte.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I always get decaf, and I go between a nonfat vanilla latte or a nonfact mocha. I can't wait until pumpkin spice returns in a few weeks though!

• Options
    I love the decaf peppermint mocha. You can get it with half the pumps of chocolate and it tastes the same. You can also get the sugar free chocolate if you need that but the peppermint doesn't come sugar free. It also tastes good (IMO) as a peppermint mocha frapp. YUM I have racked up like three free drinks so far this pregnancy I have been getting it so much
  • Options

Generally, a full caff iced coffee in the summer, pregnant or not.  I have curbed my tendency to get a grande or venti in favor of a "baby-friendly" tall.  In the cooler months, plain unsweetened hot coffee w/ milk.

Sometimes in the dead of winter I'll have the occasional peppermint mocha.  In the summer, if i'm feeling thirsty, I'll opt for an unsweetened passion tea lemonade.  Yum.

• Options
    I hardly go there, but when I do it's for the pumpkin spice lattes.
  • Options
    Holy S, the mere mention of the pumpkin drinks returning has me drooling. When do those come out? Maybe end of Sept?

• Options
    I way prefer Pete's over Starbucks and in which case Caramel Macchiato!
  • Options
    imageallierhiana1:

imageTheMcCombies:
    Holy S, the mere mention of the pumpkin drinks returning has me drooling. When do those come out? Maybe end of Sept?

A girl at work said she heard 9/9.  Not sure how accurate that is though!

I COULD KISS YOU. 

• Options
    In the summer, iced passion tea or the iced passion tea lemonade. In cold months, skinny vanilla latte.
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    These days? Decaf Nonfat Latte. Yummy. :

• Options
    BPerBPer member

Starbucks' website has the caffeine content of each drink. For some reason, I feel like each shot of espresso was 100mg or less.

A tall has 1 shot, a grande and venti each have 2.

• Options
    In the summer I get a Passion Tea Lemonade or a Iced Caramel Sauce White mocha.  In Winter I get a Black and White Peppermint Hot Chocolate or Mocha.  
  • Options
    Caramel macchiato here. Had one this morning. 150mg caffeine in a grande. Totally within the limits. Here's what might surprise you: 330mg caffeine in a grande brewed coffee. (Same goes for the iced.)
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imagemtaylor2007:
    Caramel macchiato here. Had one this morning. 150mg caffeine in a grande. Totally within the limits. Here's what might surprise you: 330mg caffeine in a grande brewed coffee. (Same goes for the iced.)

Whoops. My mistake 165mg in the grande iced coffee, no milk.  

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageTheMcCombies:
    imageallierhiana1:

imageTheMcCombies:

I COULD KISS YOU. 

If you have a Caribou coffee near you (they may only be midwest), they already have their pumpkin drinks out!  At Starbucks I usually get an iced venti green tea latte.  Once it gets cold I switch to a grande soy cinnamon dolce or caramel brulee latte.  I wish they'd come out with a spicy mocha!!

• Options

Oh there are so many wonderful things I order on a regular basis... You can easily google for caffeine content (though honestly, if you're just having one cup, it's probably just fine). Anyway, my faves:

Iced Caramel Macchiato
    Skinny Vanilla Latte
    Pumpkin Spice Latte (clearly the tops, but not available yet... sigh)
    Raspberry White Mocha
    Peppermint White Mocha
    Iced Sweetened Passion Tea

Those are my standards! Now if you just want something yummy, get a flavored steamer. Just milk + your favorite flavoring! YUM!

• Options
    imageallierhiana1:

imageTheMcCombies:

Me and the Starbucks guy are tight. 9/9 is accurate! SO SOON!

• Options
    I'm lovin' Cafe Americanos lately with a pump of caramel.  I do half-caf or decaf.  I can't wait for my first Pumpkin Spice latte!  Mmmmm....
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Caramel Macchiato- you can get it in decaf- I have!

Vanilla Bean Frap is also good. Also, I sometimes just the the shaken iced tea lemonade when I want a cool refreshing drink!

• Options

imagemtaylor2007:

I was just about to post something similar!  I was drinking a tall, until I double checked the caffeine content and was thrilled to see that I could upsize to a Grande!  That was one of the best days of this pregnancy!

• Options
    Iced vanilla latte with an extra shot of caramel in it. I usually do decaf these days but it's awesome either way. 
  • Options

I'm another Pumpkin Spice girl. 

Also love the Cinnamon Dolce and passion iced tea if it's hot.

Lately coffee has been giving me too much heartburn, so I've gotten steamed milk with a flavour shot of something. I think I did hazelnut recently and it was goood.

Also, not a drink but... Petit Vanilla Bean Scone!!!! if you need a little nibbly ;) 

• Options
    Vanilla Bean frap and Green Tea frap are my go tos. But I will be gulping down the Passion Tea if I go overdue because it always makes me have contractions. I had a venti around 28 weeks and thought for sure I was going into preterm labor. It lasted a couple hours but eventually went away and I've stayed away from it mostly since. I had it once more (just a couple sips) and got some painful Braxton hicks right after. I guess some people react strongly to the hibiscus in it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I only go to Starbucks once in a blue moon. When I go, I always get the caramel apple spice.  So delicious. 

• Options
    I don't like Starbucks coffee at all, but I do like the brand of teas they serve. I like pretty much all of their latte teas, my faves being the chai tea and the vanilla rooibus tea. And I love their white hot chocolate.
  • Options
    Chai tea or pumpkin spice latte. I can't wait until September 9th!
  • Options

imagemtaylor2007:

This.  I get the White Chocolate Mocha, usually Venti, half-caff (I don't know how much caffiene is in decaf espresso, so I assume that's a 75-100mg caffeine drink).

Like a pp said, it has a gazillion calories...but YUM!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

It depends on the time of day and the temperature outside.  If it's in the morning then I usually get a cinnamon dulce latte or an americano with cream and sugar.  If its during the day then I get an iced coffee, iced caramel macchiato or one of the new lime refreshers. 

MMM, I already had starbucks today, but now I really want an iced caramel macchiato....

• Options

A venti iced vanilla breve latte, light ice.

I've cut back to talls or grandes since being pregnant. I miss that gigantic 20 oz. goodness, though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    A nice hot green tea latte. Mmm
  • Options
    Hot Vanilla Cream (or Steamer it's sometimes called). I don't like the taste of coffee pg or not so it's like hot milk with vanilla in it. Delish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"