School-Aged Children
Options

What the heck am I supposed to label? (list in post)

Some of the items on DD's school supply list specifically say to write their name on the item. (i.e. 24 pack of Crayola Twistables Crayons - name on each crayon).

Some of them I just can't figure out. I went ahead and labeled all her folders and notebooks. What do you think are going in a class stock and what should I label with DD's name?

2 boxes Crayola Crayons, 24ct

2 packs Crayola Markers

2 bottles Elmer's Glue-All

15 Elmer's Glue Sticks

1 Pink Eraser

FWIW, it's for kindergarten. And I don't want to assume anything because one of the things on the list was headphones and it didn't say to label them but for every other grade at her school, they require the headphones and it says to label them for those grades.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: What the heck am I supposed to label? (list in post)

• Options
    If it says to label some an not others I would only label those things and let the teacher tell you the first week. 15 glue sticks, wow that sounds crazy, but I guess why I went crazy at Walmart when they were on sale.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

I would label the headphones, even if they say not to. 

We also ask each student to have their own pair and I keep them in plastics baggies with their names on them.  That's a sanitary thing, at least for me!

I think it is odd to ask for twistable crayons and 2 packs of regular crayons. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    15 glue sticks? I thought it was crazy to have to bring 5, plus two regular glues. I'm also surprised you have to label individual crayons. In K, DD's class just put them all in big buckets at the start of the year. Now in 3rd grade, they each have a supply box and only that is labeled. Anyway, I'm no help, I just needed to comment. :) Good luck!
  • Options
    I wish I could put beepers on all my kids' pens, pencils, crayons etc...I've taught my kids to share when another child goes without but then they don't get their stuff back and my kids end up going without lol might I add to grab a sharpie and label their clothing, like their hoodies and lunch bags and thermoses. The lost n found tables were PACKED last june and sweaters were no.1 of the lot!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our kindergarten teacher told us not to label much of anything.  Apparently, everything is shared and goes into the community chest of supplies.
  • Options
    I'd label the headphones, crayons, and markers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • Options
    For my kindergartener, we had a small list and most stuff did not get labeled as they just put it into a common stock pile for the whole class to use.  The only things we were asked to label are their backpack, folders, pencil pouch for 3 ring binder, small beach towel for brain break (30 min rest time for full day kindy), a cloth bag for winter stuff to be kept in and $10 cash in an envelope which goes towards class parties and stuff like that.  The stuff that we were asked not to label are:  box of 8 markers, Elmers glue, box of 24 crayons, 1 highlights, wipes and paper towels.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"