Preemies

Does anyone have a positive emergency cerclage story?

If you do I need it now. At my weekly check today was cervix has gone from 2.5 to 8mm. I am also fingertip dilated. I'm being monitored in LD right now and depending on what they see I may have to get a cerclage today. I am so scared! Has anyone had a cerclage this late and had success??
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Does anyone have a positive emergency cerclage story?

• I didnt get an emergency cerclage but wanted one.  I hope you can get the cerclage and your baby keeps cooking for a long time.  I have heard many stories of women who were dialated that early, got the cerclage and went on to have full term babies.  The MFMs and OBs that I was being seen by just thought it was too risky for my case.  

I went from 2.4 at 21.5 weeks to .3 (really nothing to measure)  at 22.5 weeks.  We made it to 25 weeks with strict bedrest and progesterone suppositories.  

mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• I went in for my regular check up and ultrasound at just about 21 weeks.  I was found to be dilated enough that my membranes were exposed at least a finger tip or more, and a rescue cerclage was placed the next day.  The night before the cerclage, I also lost my mucus plug.  I was in the hospital on bedrest for two weeks (and to monitor for infection after the cerclage), and then remained on bedrest at home for another 13 weeks.  I had bathroom privileges, and I saw my OB weekly.  With bedrest, the cerclage, and P17 shots, I still went into labor early.  My DS arrived at 35w6d.  We had a couple of days in the special care nursery, and we were home without major issues.  This is my second preemie, but all of our efforts kept my little man out of the NICU, in my opinion.  Good luck, mama! This is tough stuff, but worth the fight!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi There,

I found out at the anatomy scan (between 20 weeks and 21 weeks) that my cervix was 5mm with funneling and dilated a pencil point. The next day I had an emergency cerclage put in and was put on home bed rest. I also took a progesterone suppository nightly. My first follow up appointment a week after the cerclage was put in my cervix grew to 2.5 cm, my doctors were slightly amazed.

I had weekly appts that turned to biweekly appointments to check my cervical length. Each visit I received positive news and I got too confident. I made it to 32 weeks 1 day. I had driven myself to meet a friend for lunch and my water broke.

My daughter was born 4 days after my water broke and after a second round of steroid shots to boost her brain and lungs (had the first round at 26 weeks). She weighed 3lbs.10oz and was a "grower and feeder", having no major medical issues during her 5 week NICU stay. I don't know if you consider this a positive story since I didn't make it to term but I do. She is here with me today weighing between 10-11lbs :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
  • Thanks for the success stories, ladies! I had my procedure today and it went smoothly. Now we just wait, watch and hope for the best!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just want to add quickly that after the cerclage my cervix kept growing from 2.5-2.8 at the last measuring and there was no more funneling. I wish you the best!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"