Late Term and Child Loss
Options

advice regarding mom's birthday?

It's been two months since I've spoken to my parents. Both side are being stubborn, and the situation makes me angrier by the day. Their lack of support has been something I've talked about on here several times.

Well, my mom's birthday is on Tuesday and I've been dreading this day. I feel I need to send a card, but what do I say in it?

Has anyone been in this situation or have a good wording that lets her know I couldn't let this day go unacknowledged?

Thanks...

Severe endo & fibroids, IVF #1 BFP with twins, Gabriel Mark (5/20/12) & Zachary David (5/24/12)- said goodbye to my two angels at 17 weeks due to pprom. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

IVF#2 FET 9/24, Beta #1 10/3...

My Blog: http://theunfixableme.blogspot.com/

Re: advice regarding mom's birthday?

• Options

I haven't been in your situation but I think it is healthy that you want to acknowledge your mother's birthday.  

If it were me, and I'm not good at emotions, I think I might just look for a card that has an appropriate sentiment and then include a short note.  Something like, "With all that is going on you are still my mother and I still love you. I couldn't let this day go unacknowledged." Keep is simple, imo. 

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Options
    Thank you. I think that would be perfect. Now it's just about finding a card that isn't totally inappropriately lovey.

Severe endo & fibroids, IVF #1 BFP with twins, Gabriel Mark (5/20/12) & Zachary David (5/24/12)- said goodbye to my two angels at 17 weeks due to pprom. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've chatted before about our difficulties with our mothers, so I understand your feelings.  If it were me, I would send a card.  Maybe just write something along the lines of "Wanted you to know that I was thinking of you today.  Hoping we can get together to celebrate at some point."  This way she knows you're thinking of her and your offering her a chance to grab the olive branch, but you're not waving the white flag either.  Also I would try to keep it in a positive tone.  It's a sucky situation and I'm sorry that this is even a question for you.  Best of luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

I am so sorry! I am going through a similar situation with my parents in that I have not spoken to them in some time & their anniversary is coming up in two weeks. I decided I will send them a card.  Even though I am angry at them and have lost a lot of respect for them, they are my parents & I love them.   I could not find a card that was not too lovey dovey so I bought a blank card & am going to write something simple like "Happy Anniversary!  I hope that you enjoy your trip to Europe (as they are going overseas in September.)  Love, Leslie."  I am going with the KISS principle (Keep it short & simple.) 

I wish that neither of us were going through this additional stress!!  Thinking of you! 

• Options
    I'm sorry. I kind of had this problem around my mom's Bday too. I ended up just getting a generic Bday card instead of one specifically for a mother. Less sentimental.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sent! thank you ladies for your encouragement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"