December 2012 Moms
Options

Any opinions on Smooth Move Tea

Its the only thing that will make me go!! 

Re: Any opinions on Smooth Move Tea

• Options

Have you asked your doc if it's safe to drink? I believe Smooth Move contains senna, which is an herbal laxative/stimulant. Senna isn't on my "safe list" of meds - probably because it's a herb, which you need to be extremely judicious in using during pregnancy, especially since the tea probably also contains other herbs. Generally you also need to be careful using laxatives and stimulants... The GI tract and the uterus are both smooth muscle, and you don't want to "stimulate" the wrong smooth muscles during pregnancy, if you know what I mean. 

Bottom line, clear it with your doctor before taking it, as with anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well its been hard because i dont poop.. at all without something... my GI gave me lactose solution but it just bypasses the stool and comes out as liquid... so after a month of not going i tried the smooth move tea with approval from my reg doc... (not ob) he said whatever works... (i have had issues pre-preg and i need to get a colonoscopy after i have the baby) i would really like to find something different
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love smooth move tea! I honestly haven't used it but my midwife specializes in herbs and supplements so I'll ask her next time if it's safe. I actually find that coffee really makes me go! Early morning first thing, cup of coffee and BAM. Try apple juice/prune juice/etc though and see if that will get things moving! Maybe even some activia! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Senna or any laxative natural or not is not safe to take during pregnancy. It can cause you to go into labor. The only things approved is prunes, and stool softners.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was told not to drink any tea except plain peppermint or plain chammomile tea while pregnant.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Have you tried colace? You need to be sure to drink lots of water, but it definitely helps me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"