Preemies
Options

Transition from Nap Nanny to crib

I'm about to lose my damn mind with getting my DD to sleep in her crib. How long should I let her cry it out for? When should I give in? What am I doing wrong? I feel horrible that she can't sleep but she also can't sleep in her Nap Nanny forever...
Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH

Re: Transition from Nap Nanny to crib

• Options
    I never used a Nap Nanny, but we bed-shared until he was mobile. Transitioning to the crib was rough! I just did what I was comfortable with each night (we didn't CIO) - it took a lot of patience. It's hard - I'm sorry you're going through it right now.
  • Options

Does she spend any time in her crib?  DD didn't, so occasionally I would put her in there with some toys while I went to the bathroom or cleaned up a little bit.  I wanted her to associate it with good feelings instead of just being put in there to sleep.

And - you're not doing anything wrong.  Sleep issues are HARD!  Every kid is different, so it's so difficult to figure out exactly what your LO needs.

We did a modified Ferber a little younger than your LO since nursing became DD's crutch.  If she woke up and my boob wasn't there, she'd flip.  Once she learned how to go to sleep by herself, she did extremely well.  CIO sucks, but it's worth it if you stick to it.  

GL! 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"