Pregnant after 35

girl who cried wolf

I can't seem to respond to any posts - the bump is acting weird! but no baby today. OB said come in, we will do u/s here at L&D ... so we did. The good news? Baby is not enormous as we were all scared he would be. I'm not sure how this is possible, but he was measuring nearly the same as he was at the scan 3 weeks ago. Must be the difference between machines/techs or something. I'm hoping this is not some kind of late abnormality manifesting itself, but OB seems nonplussed. Then again, she often seems that way, which is the thing I simultaneously love and hate about her.

The bad news - still only 1cm dilated. OB liked the reassuring results of all the tests, couldn't see any problems, so she doesn't want to induce because she thinks it's likely it will result in a c-section, which she knows I don't want. So she said go home - don't go to work, but rest, and if cx get stronger and start coming 3-5 min apart over a period of 3 hours, come back. If that doesn't happen, I'm scheduled for a 7am induction on Friday.

I've been able to get some sleep this afternoon, which was nice. Not enjoying these contractions, but I'm sure there is much much much much MUCH worse ahead, so I'm sucking it up and praying for a happy and healthy baby by the weekend!

Thanks for all your good thoughts, girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: girl who cried wolf

• Oof... that kinda smarts. But just a few days, one way or another. and if your baby is anything like my DD was, she decided to come the day before planned induction. Maybe that'll be incentive for him. Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • REST??? She should be sending you to a Mexican dinner, with pineapple for dessert and then 4wheeling for after-dinner activity.

Hoping labor gets going soon! Glad she's supportive of not inducing yet. 

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAnimeg2+1:
    Oof... that kinda smarts. But just a few days, one way or another. and if your baby is anything like my DD was, she decided to come the day before planned induction. Maybe that'll be incentive for him. Wink

That is exactly what happened with my sister. Of course she was nearly 2 weeks overdue. I'm so glad I won't have to wait quite that long!

Mama2many - just thinking about that stuff is making me a little queasy! It's all I can do to bounce on my giant exercise ball thingy...

• Hope you go into labor before your scheduled induction.  I finally went into labor the day before my induction date after telling LO she better come beforehand.  To help "speed thing along", I tried to take lots of walks and keep active.  GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Damn! Hoping things pick up soon.
  • No fear, you have still technically started labor as you are having contractions and have started to dilate.  You are just taking the longer approach! It may get much much MUCH worse, but it may not, remember this is something your body was meant to do and you may find that you can tolerate the contractions better than you now think! ~ hahaha that is so much easier to say now that I am done facing it!   I hope you can go one your own, but I have heard a LOT of success stories about women on pitocin who did NOT have to have a "C" and some who even didn't have an epi (I probably would though if I had pitocin) ~  ev was born on her due date, but I didnt start labor until after I scheduled an induction date so we joke that the thought of induction got Ev and my body saying lets get this done on our own... hopefully that will happen for you too! good luck and keep us updated, I love to hear the stories
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Boo. Sorry your LO is taking such a leisurely approach to this. Hope it picks up soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"