C-sections

Sex and fair rides are the same wait time?

Probably a stupid question.. 

I am 2 weeks PP from a c-section, I have been doing good. Walking everyday with LO and driving.

I know that you are supposed to wait 6-8 weeks for sex and I was invited to a fair this thursday and was wondering if the rides, even the not so violent ones are the same wait time?

I'll ask my doctor, but my apt isn't for another few weeks. 

Re: Sex and fair rides are the same wait time?

• I would probably avoid them but I would defiantly  call. I've never been in that situation. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Define "not so violent" - do you mean the ferris wheel or something a bit faster?

Part of waiting for sex is to allow your body to heal to avoid infection. The issues I can think of with rides at the fair are all incision-related.

I would think anything that spins fast, has a bar that goes across your lap, or otherwise would put strain across your mid-section would be a bad idea. Spinning rides aren't so violent, but you also tense up your core in order to keep from falling over in your seat, squishing your seat partner, etc. And with lap bars, if it's a fast ride, you risk bumping your incision against the bar and putting pressure on it or pulling it.

Personally, I'd avoid most rides. I developed pain around my incision a month PP because of the way I twisted/strained my stomach area to get the car seat in the car. So even if you feel great, you're not fully healed and you need to be wise about what you do.

That's just my perspective.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't....that's a pretty major surgery. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would not get on any rides. That sounds like a very bad idea. Go and eat some food and walk around a bit, but stay off of the rides.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"