June 2012 Moms
Options

Our 365 (newborn photo company)

They did the photos at the hospital.  They were okay not fabulous their prints suck but the images were not bad so we got a CD of images and I can get them printed at mpix.  I had more professional pictures done of DS anyway but wanted the ones from the hospital just to have.  Now they keep calling for an update session with a free 8X10 has anyone done this with them?  I was thinking I could do it and if they suck I get a free picture out of the deal but what I don't want it to get harassed by them via phone to buy pictures etc... if I don't like them. If you did have a session with them were the prices similar to the hospital?  I think we spent around 125 150 on the CD, which was not bad in my opinion. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Our 365 (newborn photo company)

• Options

We only ordered the prints from the hospital each time after our first experience (see below). I think the prints are ok and like those you get at Picture People. We always ordered the smallest packages (8x10, 5x7, and 4 wallets).

We did the in home photo session with our first born and the pictures were amature at best. They took the pictures then had to come back and sell us on them a different day. The prices were nothing like the hospital, they were way higher! We opted out of doing anything else with them when the rep came back to show us the pictures and brought a friend with who sat on my couch and stared at us. She piped up how awesome our pictures were and we should get the big package. No thanks. I'm not sure if they have changed the  policy of coming back a different day over the years but I would never do business with them outside the hospital. I'd rather go to Picture People or Target.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the info I would not want the different day either sounds like a bad pressure sales tactic. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did this with DD. Like PP, I found the prices to be much higher than the packages offered with the hospital pictures. I was told that they are a different branch than the photogs who come to your house (or something like that). 

I thought the pics turned out really well and it was very convenient that they came to the house, but the prices weren't worth it. And they do keep calling to have you schedule more sessions, although I'm sure I could just have them remove my name from their calling list...I just never feel like answering when they call.

I do have a list of their package prices if you would like to know what they run.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think all photo companies are bad...especially Picture People. I use to work there and they hire anyone even if you've never picked up a camera before. I had camera experience but lots of people they hire don't. They way over charge and the company treats the employees like crap. They actually were in a lawsuit a few years ago for not giving proper breaks to their employees. I always hire a pro photographer for anything important. We used the same photographers for our wedding, pregnancy and newborn pictures.
  • Options
    I know this may sound odd but make sure it's actually the same company that's calling you.

We used Our 365 in the hospital and I was very happy with the pics. Then we kept getting messages for a free picture if we would do a home session.

I called them back and asked if they were the same company from the hospital and they said no. I can't remember the name but they were some other company.

Just something to ask if you decide to do the home session.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At our hospital, we have Bella Baby, and they sucked.  They kept harassing us after we got home, too, which was so obnoxious.  We hired a local photog to come take new born pics and it was SO worth it!  I tried to post a pic here (I hope it works).

I think the prices you mention are very reasonable, especially if you get printing rights.  Sure, it is a lot of money, but these are going to be real treasures when he gets older...   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelpope9608:

I did this with DD. Like PP, I found the prices to be much higher than the packages offered with the hospital pictures. I was told that they are a different branch than the photogs who come to your house (or something like that). 

I thought the pics turned out really well and it was very convenient that they came to the house, but the prices weren't worth it. And they do keep calling to have you schedule more sessions, although I'm sure I could just have them remove my name from their calling list...I just never feel like answering when they call.

I do have a list of their package prices if you would like to know what they run.  

Sure if you want to PM me the prices that would be great I am curious.  I don't know if I will do it especially if they are really expensive and not very good.  I don't mind paying for good pictures, that is why I had professional newborn pictures done by a local photographer and will for his 1-year shots, but at this age I am not as pressed about who takes the pictures if we decided to do it. Based on everyone's answers it is unlikely we will call them back. 

• Options

imageJessieCupcake:
    I know this may sound odd but make sure it's actually the same company that's calling you.We used Our 365 in the hospital and I was very happy with the pics. Then we kept getting messages for a free picture if we would do a home session. I called them back and asked if they were the same company from the hospital and they said no. I can't remember the name but they were some other company. Just something to ask if you decide to do the home session.

It is funny you say this I saw something similar posted on another board when I did a google search.  That makes it seem really strange.   Did the company say if it was a sister company?  Would make me wonder how they got our info.  What I saw online in my search is someone saying the home one was my 365 portraits and when I went to the site I noticed one of their partners was the cute kid, which is a known scam targeting moms with photo contests.  

• Options
    imagesnicksnack:

imageJessieCupcake:
    I know this may sound odd but make sure it's actually the same company that's calling you.We used Our 365 in the hospital and I was very happy with the pics. Then we kept getting messages for a free picture if we would do a home session. I called them back and asked if they were the same company from the hospital and they said no. I can't remember the name but they were some other company. Just something to ask if you decide to do the home session.

It is funny you say this I saw something similar posted on another board when I did a google search.  That makes it seem really strange.   Did the company say if it was a sister company?  Would make me wonder how they got our info.  What I saw online in my search is someone saying the home one was my 365 portraits and when I went to the site I noticed one of their partners was the cute kid, which is a known scam targeting moms with photo contests.  

I didn't think to ask but this is a good question. I have no clue how they got my info.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelpope9608:

This. 

DH and I joke about how they totally take advantage of brand new parents in the hospital.  You are exhausted and over-emotional as it is.  They come in and take pictures on your amazing little miracle, immediately create a slide-show that makes everyone cry, then tell you for a mere $560 you can be the proud owner of this amazing package!  lol  (We got the $120 package with the disc).

But yes, we had them come for the in-home session and "free" 8x10.  The photographer was great, and it was very convenient that they came to us.  She was quick and great with LO.  Then the onslaught of phone calls came about when could the salesman come to show us our beautiful photos??  After 2 weeks of missing me, I finally had this guys come to my house.  He had EVERY picture printed out- what a sales tactic!  He also had a portfolio of products he could sell us to present these "beautiful pictures".  He also said he could sell us the disc for a very affordable price.  (I think it was like $899!)  He kept quoting very high prices for different packages.  I finally asked him if we could just buy pictures a la carte.  He "made us a deal" and sold me 6 of the prints he had for $99.  It was a lot of money, but there were some awesome shots!  (Not entirelly sure it was worth it, but I am happy with the pictures and the "free" 8x10)

DH has already said with LO #2 we will say no to the 365 people at the hospital.  LOL

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and the salesman said numerous times that they were a different company from what we dealt with in the hospital.  They have the same parent company but they are not the same.  Whatever that means. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"