April 2011 Moms
Options

Yet another sleep question...

I posted on toddler board as well...sorry if you read it there too.  Z has always been a pretty good sleeper, we did BabyWise when she was an infant and never really had any trouble with her going to sleep for naps (as long as she was swaddled and in her swing until 6 mth) or bedtime. Up until about a month ago she was taking 2 naps a day (1.5 hrs or so each nap) then she started skipping her afternoon naps....NOT ok, she was so overtired by bedtime that everyone was miserable.  So I thought maybe she is ready for 1 nap, so we transitioned her to 1 nap, starting at about 12-12:30 and she is only sleeping for 1.5 hours, she goes to sleep fine and wakes up happy but by 5:30 she is exhausted then by the time we eat dinner @6 and get to bed @7 she is wide awake again with her second wind. She has also been waking up around 6:30 am where as she used to sleep until at least 7 (I know that is not that big of a difference but it is to both our sleep clocks)  My friends have told me to wait it out, that the 1 nap will get longer, but its been like this for 2 weeks!  I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Yet another sleep question...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"