Pregnant after 35
Options

Twins or Not Twins that is the question

I am 8 weeks and 4 days today.  3 weeks ago I was having some brownish blood and some new very light spotting (had misscarriage 1 1/2 year ago) so I got alittle freaked.  Doctor sent me for the blood work up and an ultra sound (then 5 weeks).  The tech was a student but my sister in law was with me and saw in the ultra sound 2 sacs and little blueberries.   Needless to say I was extatic.   I was called by the doctors office to go back in to do another test for the hormone levels and then to return in 48 hours to retake the test.   My level went from 6000 to 8000 not quite doubling, and I had another ultra sound at 6 weeks 4 days.   There was a measurable heart rate on on sac 127 bpm but they could not get anything on the second sac.   I have another appiontment with the actual doctor this thursday and hope there is good news or an appointment to re check the #2 gift.   Fingers Crossed.   Had anyone else had this problem??    I am exhausted all the time, dealing with severe bloating and constantly going to the bathroom.   I still get little hints of old blood when going to the bathroom every now and then but nothing serious.  

Re: Twins or Not Twins that is the question

• Options

I had one heartbeat and two sacs at 6 weeks.  Was given a 50/50 chance of twins.  At 8 weeks, two heartbeats.  AT 34 weeks delivered two healty babies both 4.5 lbs.  Good luck. 

• Options
    That is amazing,  thank you.   I was shocked at first but now I am just praying that both are good and healthy and growing.    Thank you for your story!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"