June 2011 Moms
Options

Transition off the bottle

Ok ladies...how in the world did you get you LO to get off the bottle?? Connor is still getting 3 a day...one first thing in the morning, one in the afternoon and one before bed. We've been having a hell of a time getting him to eat table food so I kinda pushed off the whole bottle thing. I would like to get him off the bottle before his brother arrives but I am not really sure how to go about it. How did you do it?? How long did it take?? How upset was LO about it?? TIA for your help!!

Re: Transition off the bottle

• Options
    Bay actually did ok with it. I went and bought 2 sippy cups with spouts (Bay normally only drinks straw sippys), so I cold turkey started giving her milk in those. She took to them fairly easy. We had a few nights before bed that she wouldnt drink them but she soon realized she wasnt getting the bottle. So she started to drink out of them... So long story short, we went cold turkey to spout sippy cups.

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options

We mixed whatever's normally in the bottle (BM or F) with WCM - and gradually made the percentage more WCM than BM/F). Eventually LO takes 100% WCM from the bottle. Once that happened (slowly - patiently - with a lot of yogurt/cheese supplementation), we took away bottles (all but the bedtime one) and offered only a sippy of WCM. Given no choice, they have some unhappy days, but then they adapt.

I still have yet to give up that bedtime bottle of WCM - I'm waiting til after my parents watch LO while we're out of town for a wedding, so they have that ease/comfort tool while Mom and Dad are gone. Once I'm back, I'll take that away - maybe offer water in a sippy, but go cold turkey.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"