North Carolina Babies
Options

Durham pediatrician recs?

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted on this board before but am hoping you can help. I'm due with our first in October and need recs for a good pediatrician in the Durham/Chapel Hill area. We are looking for someone careful, but not overly alarmist. We are open to offices in Durham or Chapel Hill and would like somewhere that folks are happy with the after-hours and sick visit policies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!  

Re: Durham pediatrician recs?

• Options

We see Dr. Scot Woodrum at the Durham location of Chapel Hill Pediatrics (off of Fayetteville Rd.). He's great! He's very knowledgeable and was very reassuring that we were making the right choices as 1st time parents while we were getting our feet on the ground during our first few appointments. He takes his time & never acts rushed when we ask him a million questions. And he handles our daughter wonderfully! I'd definitely recommend the practice and Dr. Woodrum in particular. I've never had to use their after-hours/urgent care services, but they do have them.

https://www.chapelhillpeds.com/patient-information/policies/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I live in Raleigh so I don't go to them, but I work in Durham. I highly recommend Durham Pediatrics. They have 2 locations (Duke St & near Southpoint). The doctors are great. I've interacted with Dr Clark at work for many years and he is a great physician, wonderful with kids and professional. I rec them to anyone looking for a Durham Peds practice.

On another note, I would NOT recommend Duke Peds clinics, unless you don't mind seeing residents on a regular basis. I just like the feel of a semi-smaller clinic where you know the drs. The drs at Duke Peds clinic rotate in and out all the time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this as I need to find a pediatrician in the Durham area too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions (and word of warning)! I will definitely check these out. 
  • Options

We have gone to Duke Peds for 5 years and love them. You will see a resident if you make a same day appointment in the sick clinic... it is associated with a teaching hospital but you always see the attending as well. 

We have never seen a resident for a scheduled well visit or follow up visit that our Dr has us schedule. There are smaller groups of them that work at the different offices (Roxboro Rd, Pickett Rd, Southpoint) and they stay in that one location. They also have the best lactation consultant that visits all 3 offices. I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

• Options
    imagesms297:

We have gone to Duke Peds for 5 years and love them. You will see a resident if you make a same day appointment in the sick clinic... it is associated with a teaching hospital but you always see the attending as well. 

We have never seen a resident for a scheduled well visit or follow up visit that our Dr has us schedule. There are smaller groups of them that work at the different offices (Roxboro Rd, Pickett Rd, Southpoint) and they stay in that one location. They also have the best lactation consultant that visits all 3 offices. I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

I agree with this!  We go to the Southpoint location and LOVE Dr. Jackson!!  If we do have to make a same day appt we sometimes have to drive to Roxboro Road for the sick clinic and we will see a resident, but we ALWAYS see the attending as well.  There have been a couple of times when this has actually worked in our favor, 2 different sets of eyes can sometimes find different issues.  

They might be a large practice, but the nurses there make it feel like a small practice.  When we go in they know our family and know our issues.  Dr. Jackson has stopped us in the parking lot before to check on the kids and he responds to email and usually if we have a question he calls us back personally.  I feel like we're getting the attention/care of a small practice, but the availability of large practice with a sick clinic and weekend hours!

• Options
    I highly recommend Dr. Gary Maslow at Duke Pediatrics. We see him at the Pickett Rd location. He is always very thorough and friendly. Our son is usually very cautious when it comes to other men but with Dr. Maslow he's very much at ease.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"