We have 2! I'm happy with this. We will get an update tomorrow on how they are doing.
A litttle about yesterday...
My clinic is three hours away so I was doing monitoring appts locally. There is only one fertility clinic in my area (50min away), that will do OOT, although they are very pricey so I opted to go to a local radiology center for my ultrasound and an area hospital for my bloodwork.
Everything was coming along smoothly and on friday my follicles were 21,18,15 & 14. My E2 = 825. I was instructed to trigger that night. I had some issues with my instructions because I was being told to trigger 33 hours before my retrieval. I've read that the last little bit of maturation of the eggs is very important and I have a tendency to have immature eggs anyway. I was really nervous about going into ER so early but the clinic insisted they do this all the time for AMA patients and everything will be fine.
Yesterday morning minutes prior to ER that did an Ultraound and the tech there said my follicles were a 16,15,14 and 12.3. You can imagine how upset I was. This is the closest growth I've ever had and now I'm being told that I triggered to early. The ultrasound tech said that if if the eggs are releasing at that very moment, then they could be showing smaller sizes. The nurse didn't concur.
There I am, IV already hooked up and MH and I are debating whether to go through with it. Based on my estrogen we decided to go forward, The other reason.. I have no idea where else to get ultrasounds for the future. I can hardly aford a 1K bill everytime I go to get monitored.
I didn't get many details after the retrieval. I was groggy when they shued me out the door (I was the only patient that day) and MH never asks questions. (I could kick him for that). He is such an intelligent inquisitive person with everything else.
All I knew when we left was that we got 3 mature eggs but I didn't know if it was the three smaller ones because the biggest released, or if the smallest one was to small to retrieve.
Today I found out that they were definitely on the under-ripe side and that I triggered to early, fortunately we still have two in the running. Yay!