Two Under 2

What to do when they make eachother cry

from their crying? DD1 starts saying 'baby' and tearing up when she hears DD2 start to cry. DD2 will calm herself down within a couple of minutes (unless she's hungry) but DD1 won't let her since she'll start BAWLING after working herself up. I had a hard time of it earlier this evening while starting to feed DD1 in her highchair, DD2 got uncomfortable in her crib and started crying, then DD1 started whimpering and in a minute worked herself up to a full blown wail. DD2 stopped crying, but then the loud wailing made her start up again. It was CRAZY and I wanted to cry. Anyway, what do you do in this situation? Go pick up the younger child? I actually had to stop feeding DD1, and hold her she was crying so hard. DD2 calmed herself once DD1 stopped wailing, but then DD2 got hungry half an hour later and they were at it again. I wanted to put them all in a safe place so I could just walk away:)....

Re: What to do when they make eachother cry

• I would console them both as best I could.  But it stopped surprisingly quickly, I'm sure it will end before you know it as well.
  • That can be so stressful!  If you know DD2 will calm herself down, I would concentrate on DD1.  Talk her through calming down, so she has some coping skills (i.e. telling her it's ok for her sister to cry, and how to calm down herself). 

Also, there is no problem in taking a moment, putting them in a safe place and regrouping.  If you are feeling stressed they will pick up on it.  GL! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"