Potty Training
Options

Tells me she has to go but then doesn't until accident

We had decent success with Lora Jensen's 3 Day PT Method.  I'm on day 5 right now and things are going well but I keep hitting the same wall, she has to go but won't. 

She'll verbally tell me and demonstrate that she has to pee by grabbing her crotch/undies but when she gets on the potty she won't go.  She'll sit for 1-4 minutes, tell me all done, repeat 2-5 more times and then she has an accident.  This happens 1-2 times during the day.

What can I do (if anything) to help her pee when we know she has to go?  We have books, my smartphone apps and sometimes bringing her Twilight Turtle in so she can stare at the stars.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tells me she has to go but then doesn't until accident

• Options
    I found that the more things I brought in to entertain dd while she sat, the less likely she was to go.  I know book reading, singing songs, etc.. Works for lots of people, but for my dd, she does better with just sitting on the toilet.  Also, she straddles the toilet, rather than sitting with her legs close together, and for some reason that seems to help her to relax the muscles and pee.  And, i find it helps sometimes if I give her some privacy...I will wait outside the door and listen.  
  • Options
    Try turning on the bath water. Also step outside and see if she goes. Thats what seems to work for my LO. GL :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is exactly what is going on with my DD.  We are on day 8..yikes!  End of Day 3 she had it, was doing great.  Woke up on day 4 and decided that she didn't want to sit on the potty anymore.  She says potty repeatedly, when I say lets go!  She screams No!  then does the I have got to pee dance, but will not go near the potty chair or toilet.  This will last for hours or until she finally has an accident.  Not sure what to do either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"