VBAC
Options

32 weeks and starting to feel anxious

I have really enjoyed reading posts here and need some advice from others. I don't know anyone who has VBACed and I had a bit of a breakdown at my OB's yesterday. We scheduled our RCS just to have it on the books and now I am a bit stressed. I do really want to VBAC. I feel cheated from my csection and have a few concerns/worries.

1 is that I will try the VBAC and end up in a csection and feel like I failed again. I worry this will make me feel worse than just doing the RCS.

2. I do the RCS and feel like I should have tried for the VBAC. Even if it is a better experience than the first I know I will always wonder.

3. Successful VBAC but don't have the "wow this was the experience I always wanted!" feeling.

4. Successful VBAC and feel positive obviously hope for this one.

Of course there is no way to predict how I will feel after any of these scenarios. I guess it is all starting to finally hit me that this birth is soon.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: 32 weeks and starting to feel anxious

• Options

I remember feeling a little anxious before my VBAC.  That is normal, so don't worry.

For me, I wanted to VBAC because I didn't want to have a major surgery that I didn't need.  I did not schedule a c/s to "have it on the books" because I felt like that might mess with me mentally.  I made it clear to my midwife that I would only consent to a c/s if medically necessary- not because I didn't have the baby within the timeline the hospital felt the baby should come on.

Right now- don't worry about how you might feel afterward.  Work toward the birth you want and then you have to let go a little and let the birth take it's course.  If you try for a VBAC and it doesn't work out, know that you did your best but this baby wasn't meant to come that way.  And if you don't get the "birth I always wanted feeling" don't worry about that either!  That baby will make you feel like a million dollars and you really won't be thinking about the list you posted above.

Good luck these last few weeks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    imageMAprincess:

I remember feeling a little anxious before my VBAC.  That is normal, so don't worry.

For me, I wanted to VBAC because I didn't want to have a major surgery that I didn't need.  I did not schedule a c/s to "have it on the books" because I felt like that might mess with me mentally.  I made it clear to my midwife that I would only consent to a c/s if medically necessary- not because I didn't have the baby within the timeline the hospital felt the baby should come on.

Right now- don't worry about how you might feel afterward.  Work toward the birth you want and then you have to let go a little and let the birth take it's course.  If you try for a VBAC and it doesn't work out, know that you did your best but this baby wasn't meant to come that way.  And if you don't get the "birth I always wanted feeling" don't worry about that either!  That baby will make you feel like a million dollars and you really won't be thinking about the list you posted above.

Good luck these last few weeks!

I really like the way you put this! I just wanted to say you did a great job of replying to this post.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so muchyou are correct. I need to work towards the birth I want. My husband and I had a good discussion yesterday. I think what is hard is I don't want to be so focused on the birth and put so much stock in it. I have friends that say there is no prize at the end. Which is true but it does matter to me. So I guess that is part of the issue. Thanks ladies for your support
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Your hopes and dreams for your birth DO matter- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  But life has a way of happening how it wants:-)  But you can't stress over things you can't control.  So work toward that birth but enjoy yourself too!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"