Postpartum Depression
Options

Going off Zoloft?

I'm sure this has been discussed here before, but I'm not finding it through searching.

How will I know if I'm ready to go off my Zoloft?  I have been taking it for about four months or so, and I generally feel good and not anxious or depressed.  However, I don't know if that's because circumstances are different and I'm getting back to what is "normal" for me or if it's because of the drug.

Any thoughts, opinions, or stories to share?  TIA. 

Re: Going off Zoloft?

• Options

I think your best bet would be to talk to your doctor about lowering your dose, and then you'll be able to tell as you are getting less of the drug if it was the drug or not. If that makes any sense. 

And is that a tiny frog on your baby? Too cute! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Everyones different by my doc suggested staying on it 1-2 years. Also that it can be weened off slowly, by lowering your dose. Talk to your dr, i know after 1yr i am still not ready because if i forget to take it for a day or two i go pretty crazy, it is quite drastic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My therapist said a general rule was stay on meds for 1 year at the dose that made you feel better...and maybe longer if that one year hits in winter and the lack of sunlight affects you in the winter. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"