C-sections
Options

Recovery

How long is recovery for a c-section and do they staple you back together? I heard some people get the dermabond?!?!
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Recovery

• Options

Every experience is different for both of your questions.

I had 2 c/s, the first after 17 hours of labor, the second was a failed vbac.

With my first, my doctor used dissolvable stitches and steri-strips.  I had no issues with them.  The steri-strips fell off on their own by 2 weeks pp.  My scar healed nicely and was barely visible.

For my second c/s, my doctor used staples (he prefers staples for 2+ c/s).  I also had no issues with them.  I had them removed at 6 days pp, and then he put a few steri-strips on.  The fell off by my 2 week check up.  My scar is still barely visible.

Both recoveries were great.  I followed my doctor's orders and took it easy.  I didn't take any pain meds other than ibuprofen after I left the hospital.  I wasn't as careful after my second c/s and ended up over-doing it.  I ended up in a lot of pain for a few days, but it was completely avoidable and my fault.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My recovery was 10+ weeks, because I had incision issues. Some doctors staple, some use stitches, some use dermabond, and some just use steri strips.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was up and around the day after the c section because I had complications. My full recovery was 2 weeks or so to be able to get around without much pain and for the swelling to go down.

I had internal stitches and steri strips.

• Options
    I'm a week postpartum so I still have a little healing to go. My doctor used stitches and dermabond.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had DD at night (was induced - didn't work out) & was up & walking early the next morning I think. The nurses were really happy & impressed w/ my speed of recovery. I only took pain meds, other than tylenol, the day we left the hospital - because of the headaches, my milk coming in (I don't BF) plus I wanted to sleep! :)

I had staples since I'm allergic to adhesive. They were taken out a week later. 

• Options

I had dermabond with all 3 but it's up to your OB. Most use staples or stitches. I requested the dermabond with my 2nd and 3rd b/c my ob used it for the first and it was wonderful.

Recovery just depends on your. I was up and walking within 12 hours of all my c/s. I had easy recoveries from all 3.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had disolvable stitches & steri strips. It's different for EVERYONE.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"