Military Families

What's involved in Overseas health screening?

I was just wondering exactly what is involved in the overseas health screening to PCS OCONUS? Is it just a physical/pap and medical history questions, or am I going to have to get my civilian health records going back years and years? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's involved in Overseas health screening?

• From what I remember they just went through the medical records. I didn't have to get a physical or anything. Then you go for an interview.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't done this with the military, but have moved between countries and had to get health stuff done for Visa's. I would  expect to show vaccination records and show that you are up to date on your shots, or they will just make you get the shots again. Most countries also want to check on your TB, HIV, Hep B/C status. They are looking to make sure you won't bring in anything they might consider a public health risk. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't need old health records, just recent stuff, I think we had a couple immunizations and then an interview/questionnaire to fill out. I did have to get a pap. Mostly they are looking for bigger concerns that won't be easily attended to overseas. Some places the health care is limited in what they can do. However if an issue arises, they will medically evacuate you to somewhere you can be seen if they don't have a host national hospital willing to cooperate.  

CafeMom Tickers

imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Okay cool, that doesn't sound bad.  Luckily we don't have any medical issues, so hopefully it will be pretty quick and straightforward.
  • I really just had to answer questions since I had had a recent pap that year.  It took like 10 minutes.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and i had to to all of this for his orders to Italy the past few weeks .It was crazy for us . We have to get our civilian Dr to fill out papers . That took forever , they didnt fill them out right . I hope you have a better time with it then we did . They ended up saying no Italy for me after . We are waiting for new orders . Do you know where your going yet ???
  • You will have to get a Dental clearance as well, make sure you don't need any fillings because those can sometimes hold you back from being cleared. 
  • Mine was just a physical and I didnt have to get checked out by dental,, Alaska is considered OCONUS.
  • imageSARANKEITH12:
    DH and i had to to all of this for his orders to Italy the past few weeks .It was crazy for us . We have to get our civilian Dr to fill out papers . That took forever , they didnt fill them out right . I hope you have a better time with it then we did . They ended up saying no Italy for me after . We are waiting for new orders . Do you know where your going yet ???

Waiting for our hardcopy orders to Italy, actually :)  Now I'm getting nervous! 

• imagelaswish09:
    Mine was just a physical and I didnt have to get checked out by dental,, Alaska is considered OCONUS.

That's strange because I AM dental and I schedule the overseas clearances... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"