Pregnant after a Loss

crummy day :(

so, as i anticipated, i failed my 1 hour today.  i didn't just miss the cutoff either, i failed miserably.  i have to do the 3 hour on friday.  i'm just so frustrated because i can't imagine passing after having such high numbers today.  Crying

my appointment went okay otherwise.  i only gained 4 lbs this month, bringing my total to 16 at 28 weeks.  i am still measuring ahead by about a week and a half and my bp was a bit on the high side, but urine was fine.  got my hospital pre-registration packet today too.  scary.

Re: crummy day :(

• im sorry!  I hope the 3 hour goes much better!
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry May...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh no!  Sorry about not passing the 1 hour.  Hope you have a better outcome with the 3 hour Sad  I am so nervous....my OB wants me to do mine tomorrow.
  • I'm sorry!  I hope you pass the 3 hour!

16lbs in 28 weeks is really good!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh.I'm sorry. I was hoping you'd get much better news. 16 lbs at 28 weeks total weight gain is NOT bad at all.. Good luck on your 3 hour. Maybe the 1 hour was just a fluke?
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I am sorry May. I am in the same situation as you. I failed the 1 hr. with flying colors and have to do my 3 hour one on Friday too. I hope that we both pass it!!
  • I'll be praying for you!
  • Sorry you had a bad day.  Big big hugs to you.
  • i'm sorry.  hope the 3 hr goes better.  big hugs!
  • How high was your number?  Mine was like 164 or 168 and I passed the 3 hour.

The maternal fetal medicine docs here had me eat a high carb diet the 3 days before the 3 hour test.  He had me eat all the ice cream, candy, bread etc I could.  They said it would get my pancreas working to kick out more insulin so my body wouldn't be in shock from the sugar for the 3 hour.  It helped prep me for it and I passed with flying colors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry.....I hope your test goes much better on Friday!
  • That sucks......good luck with your 3 hr. test.
  • I'm so sorry about your GD test. That bites. I am hoping you will pass the 3 hr - a lot of people fail the one hour but pass the more intense one, you know?

Otherwise, things sound good - I am very envious of your weight gain! I had gained far more than that at 28 weeks - I think I was around 25lbs by then and at my appt today I gained 2lbs in 1 week. Thank you, Thanksgiving! So I think you are doing great. :)

And OMG your ticker is suddenly on overdrive... you are getting so close to the end, my beautiful maybride!!

• I am sorry! I hope your 3 hours goes better.
  • I'm so sorry you're having a crummy day!!!  {HUGS}
  • imageKaytee1206:

How high was your number?  Mine was like 164 or 168 and I passed the 3 hour.

The maternal fetal medicine docs here had me eat a high carb diet the 3 days before the 3 hour test.  He had me eat all the ice cream, candy, bread etc I could.  They said it would get my pancreas working to kick out more insulin so my body wouldn't be in shock from the sugar for the 3 hour.  It helped prep me for it and I passed with flying colors.

really???  my number was 162.  my OB suggested i avoid carbs between now and friday.  wtf?!?  i like your plan so much better!  now i have no clue what to do. 

• shitshitshit! ?hope you pass the 3 hour! ? ?good on the weight gain! ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pre-registration packet isn't scary... it's EXCITING!  you're getting closer! 

sorry about having to do the 3hour gtt... bring a book and a good snack so the second that last blood is drawn you can put something in your tummy! 

• aw...sorry to hear that the glucose test didn't go well....if it makes you feel bad I failed miserably too! Your weight gain sounds great I'm at 21 pounds in 28 weeks! EEK!  Good luck friday!
  • Sorry May! Normally I would say treat yourself to something yummy, but that goes against your doc's advice of staying away from carbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry R.!!  I really hope it was a fluke and the 3 hour is better! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Gone but never forgotten, our three angel babies Jude, Mary and Gerard
  • I'm so sorry you had a crummy day :(  I hope things go much better on Friday!
  • I'm sorry hun.   :(   I'll send good vibes for a better outcome on Friday.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"