March 2012 Moms

What time is your last feed?

My DD has been drinking a bottle at 630 when we get home from daycare but gets so cranky that she falls asleep around 730-800.  We try to feed her before she actually falls asleep but she is absolutely not interested.  I've tried dream feeding her around 9ish as well and that's not working.  

Anyone's LO taking their last bottle or feed that early? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What time is your last feed?

• DD is: bath at 7:15, nurse and 1 oz. formula at 7:30, bed at 8. Up at 5a to eat  then back to bed for an hour or so.

My youngest nephew went to bed at 6:30 when he was a baby. I forget what time he woke up though.

Can you have daycare feed her their last bottle later so that she will eat later when you get home?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I am so jealous!! Man...my lo eats at 5:30pm, 7:30 than 9pm....then most nights - 12AM & 2AM and then sometimes 4 AM!!!

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON he will actually sleep the whole night ...but those are RARE lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • DS gets a bottle at daycare around 4pm then I feed him at around 6-6:30pm and he is ready for bed. He can't seem to stay up past 6:30pm. He will wake up at 1am and 4am but go right back to sleep. i feed him at the 1am wakeful. Have you tried an earlier bed time?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is having a bath now at 8:30 and I nurse her after that and put her to bed, usually around 9.  Just recently she would be up sometimes until 10, but I noticed that she was getting tired earlier so we implemented the new routine.  She wakes up at 6am for her morning feeding, but she is not STTN because she keeps waking up every couple of hours and needs help going back to sleep.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Quinn usually falls asleep between 7-8 pm has his bottle right before bed about 4-6 ounces. then wakes up around 7-8 am. Usually no night time feedings.. maybe once in a blue moon a 1 or 4 am. But that hasn't been for awhile (cross fingers) 
  • I usually feed my son at 6:30 when I get him home from daycare then fill him up with one more bottle at 8pm and I lay him down right after. That will keep him happy until 3-5am.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• We feed K every 4 hrs so it all depends on when she wakes in terms of her schedule for the day. But we feed her around 700 and put her right to bed, then I dreamfeed at 10-she wakes at 6 or 7 am for the day
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • imageSparks in training!:

I am so jealous!! Man...my lo eats at 5:30pm, 7:30 than 9pm....then most nights - 12AM & 2AM and then sometimes 4 AM!!!

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON he will actually sleep the whole night ...but those are RARE lol

Is he eating a full bottle- 6 oz or more each time??

Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • Some days, I will have fed him at 6:30, but he will typically always nurse again before going to bed which is around 7:30-8. He may not eat much, but he will want to nurse.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Dd gets a bottle at daycare at 4 and then 530 driven by her then we come home and play or go for a walk, bath and bottle. In crib for bed no later than 730 so last bottle is around 6307ish. She is getting pretty consistent at waking at 5 for a bottle then back to sleep until we change her and leave for daycare.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• DD takes her last bottle around 8pm, goes down around 10pm, then gets up around 9:45am. If she still needs more calories for the day, she just will not go down for the night. If there aren't any weight gain or sleep issues, I would trust your LO to let you know if she needs another feed.
  • DS has been doing that recently. Normally he would take a bottle at 830-9 and then pass out for the night. But now for the past week; he takes a bottle 630-7, but then falls asleep at 830-9pm, and is waking up at 4am-5am hungry. So I am not sure what do about this new schedule he is on. I thought maybe I can give him solids at 630, and then maybe he will be hungry around 730-8 and then take a bottle, but I am not sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • imageMariJ1008:
    DS has been doing that recently. Normally he would take a bottle at 830-9 and then pass out for the night. But now for the past week; he takes a bottle 630-7, but then falls asleep at 830-9pm, and is waking up at 4am-5am hungry. So I am not sure what do about this new schedule he is on. I thought maybe I can give him solids at 630, and then maybe he will be hungry around 730-8 and then take a bottle, but I am not sure.

I meant to add that I actually tried last night giving him solids (sweet potato) and 6:30pm and then I thought I give him a bottle at 730-8, then bedtime. But he wasn't having it. He did not want food at all, gave him bottle and he drank 6oz. played for two hours and then fell asleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • imageSparks in training!:
    I am so jealous!! Man...my lo eats at 5:30pm, 7:30 than 9pm....then most nights 12AM amp; 2AM and then sometimes 4 AM!!!
    ONCE INnbsp;A BLUE MOON he will actually sleep the whole night ...but those are RARE lol
    nbsp;

I am jealous too!! My LO won't lay down until late and then still gets up every 3 hrs to eat! And yes he eats around 7 ounces at EVERY feeding. Plus we give rice cereal stage 1 foods!
  • DD's last feeding is 6:30/7ish then she is off to bed. She'll wake up to nurse at 5 (on a good night) and go back to sleep for awhile. However, it took us a LONG time to get on that schedule. Then she rolled over and it was another two weeks before we could get back on schedule. 
  • He eats between 6 and 7, then falls asleep.  I feed him again at 10pm when I go to bed and then he wakes up around 3am ready to eat again.
  • imageJessica1232:
    imageSparks in training!:
    I am so jealous!! Man...my lo eats at 5:30pm, 7:30 than 9pm....then most nights 12AM amp; 2AM and then sometimes 4 AM!!! ONCE INnbsp;A BLUE MOON he will actually sleep the whole night ...but those are RARE lol nbsp;
    I am jealous too!! My LO won't lay down until late and then still gets up every 3 hrs to eat! And yes he eats around 7 ounces at EVERY feeding. Plus we give rice cereal stage 1 foods!

wow, I won't complain anymore about my one 3am feeding at night.

• We start DS bedtime routine at about 7:45 - bath, lotion, pjs and then I nurse him and rock him to sleep.  He wakes once during the night (usually around 2-3) and then at 6 on days that I work (usually sleeps a little longer on my off days, which is lovely).
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • It depends for DD - when she gets home from daycare she has rice cereal mixed with breast milk at the time when her next bottle would naturally fall (i.e., 3 hours from her last feeding).  She then has her next bottle around 7pm.  Sometimes this is her last one, and sometimes she will stay up for or wake up in time for one at 10pm.  Then she is fed at 5am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"