Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Be Born Already!

So my wife is 1 week 2 days overdue. She is 2cm and 75% effaced. We just did the membrane thing for the second time in 2 weeks. We have walked and walked and had sex like every night (which is totally awesome by the way) Done spicy food and acupressure but we get nothing. No contractions. We are scheduled for induction Sunday if things don't get going which we really really don't want.

I am trying to be patient but I want to meet my son! this is our first child and although I am scared to death of screwing something up I want to be a dad! Has anyone else had there wife go this far overdue? Any advice on things to try that we haven't? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Be Born Already!

• Options

Don't be too worried about induction, for most women it goes really smoothly. Sure there are a lot of horror stories but most of the time it is not that much different than spontaneous labor.

As for getting her into labor, there is not much more you can do. Hopefully it will happen but if not, at least there is a line drawn in the sand for Sunday.

Labor Induction

DrMSG www.MedTwice.com
  • Options
    My sister in law was induced and everything went fine.  My wife is anticipating being induced as well.  Very common practive.  I would think at this stage of the game anything that can get the kid out will be welcome!  Good Luck with everything and let us know how it goes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that bud, but at least you know Sunday is the day. Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    While I completely understand the wanting to meet your child, enjoy the last couple of days of sleep and quiet and just being the two of you (at least on the outside).  Everything changes once he gets here... for the better, but it definitely changes.
  • Options
    UPDATE.......PLEASE!!!!

• Options
    Nothing yet guys. Still waiting but looking like Sunday will be the Day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Me and my girl are experiencing the same thing. We are doing a home birth and baby was supposed to come July 28th-August 2nd. My girl thought I wrote your post. So part of this is to show my girl that I am not you, the other part is to let you know finally after 11 days, my girl is in active labour right now.

Keep your head up, stay positive, have a plan, stick to it, dont rush any judgements.  Our plan was to see the ultra sound today to make sure there was enough fluid and work the castor oil if everything was good. If all else failed we would have to go to the hospital on thursday the 16th.

No matter how impatient I was getting,  I stuck to the plan. I am writing this as my girl is having ctx's every 3 min. Good luck! I gotta go!

• Options
    Update Please!!!!

• Options
    Just wanted to add my two cents. I was one week overdue. I know how it feels to be impatient. My labor started after my husband gave me a foot massage and worked up ward from there. I would agree with PP to enjoy your last few days together as a couple because you will not have time like that together again for a long while
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"