Indiana Babies
Options

So stressed and Exctied

I just found out on Sunday that i am pregnant. i have made an appointment with my OB for the 21st. but i am stressed and excited for it this is my first time pregnant. i am not sure how far along i am. i am not sure what i should and shouldn't do. what did you all do to make it the few weeks before you first appointment? all i can think about is how far along am i? when should i do this and that? i know most if not all will be answered at my first appointment but its only the 9th and its not till the 21st.

Re: So stressed and Exctied

• Options
    Congratulations!! I just found out Monday that I'm pregnant w/ my first, too. I immediately called the OB/GYN office near my house (I don't actually have an OB/GYN yet) and asked if I could come in for blood work to confirm. They were able to get me in that same day. They also have a pregnancy counselor who you can meet with to discuss all the do's and don'ts and they can answer questions you may have before your actual appointment with the doctor. 

Best of luck!!! 
  • Options

It's totally normal to worry a lot and feel like you don't know what to do. I was a basket case until my first appointments. Get a good standard pregnancy book (like What to Expect) or refer to a good website to get the basics on the dos and don'ts of early pregnancy and the typical course. Maybe browse the 1rst Tri board to see what other people are experiencing. Try not to obsess about your "symptoms" although it's almost impossible not too. Again, refer to a book or good website to see if what you're experiencing is normal. If you're concerned about anything specific, call your OB's office. They should be happy to answer any simple questions over the phone or will have you come in if they are concerned about anything you are experiencing. They are used to calls from nervous, newly pregnant ladies. And of course, ask us about anything if you feel comfortable...

Congratulations and good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! The best advice I can give you is don't stress. Just relax and the 21st will be here before you know it. If you can't wait or feel something isn't right then call and see if they can get you in any sooner. Anyways, congratulations. Hope you have a healthy and happy nine months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations.

These ladies gave great advice! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrat!!! Forget the stress and just be excited.  Pregnancy will fly by even though in the moment it feels so slow.  Heck my DD is 18 months now, crazy and were pregnant again.  Congrats and before you know it you will have your little bundle stealing your cell phone, throwing food on the ground, peeing on you and saying "I love you" which is so precious.  : )
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"