Food Allergy
Options

EoE and illness

This is probably a dumb question, but for those of you with children with EoE- does it/did it seem like your kids get more illnesses before you discovered their triggers?  Since EoE is an auto immune issue, I guess it would seem likely, but I am just still trying to weed out if DD is getting so sick because she is just picking up lots of germs (group daycare, big brother, etc) or because of EoE or a combo.  We got in to an allergist next Thursday (thank God for cancellations!) so, hopefully will be able to start sorting this out.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EoE and illness

• Options

Hope you get some answers soon!  If your DD gets diagnosed with EoE, i would look for a EoE group on facebook. I know there was one a while ago.  you might get more answers from there since i don't know if there are any moms on here with kids with EoE. there was on a while ago, not sure if she's still here.  

What are your DD symptoms?  I feel like in most cases just taking dairy and soy out of the diet helps, even if they aren't allergic. just a thought.

Good luck at the allergist! hope you get some anwsers.

• Options
    imagemagdusia:

Hope you get some answers soon!  If your DD gets diagnosed with EoE, i would look for a EoE group on facebook. I know there was one a while ago.  you might get more answers from there since i don't know if there are any moms on here with kids with EoE. there was on a while ago, not sure if she's still here.  

What are your DD symptoms?  I feel like in most cases just taking dairy and soy out of the diet helps, even if they aren't allergic. just a thought.

Good luck at the allergist! hope you get some anwsers.

Thanks- I will check that out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are mom's on the special needs board who have children with EoE... try posting this there and see if you get a response. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"