VBAC
Options

Sad after c section XP from multiples

Hi. I had an emergency c section 8 weeks ago with my twin boys. Baby a was trying to come out sideways and was stuck, so we decided to go with the section after pushing for two hours and no movement. The numbness in my belly is really really bothering me, and it makes me really angry to know I'll probably never regain feeling. Also, sorry for tmi, but the first time we had sex 5 weeks postpartum was fine, but since then it's been almost painful, like oddly tight and burning, but also like everything's moving around. Does it ever get better?
ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sad after c section XP from multiples

• Options

The numbness never went fully away, but it has drastically gotten better.

And I think sex hurt for at least the first 10 weeks, to some extent, but it feels normal now.  

Things do get better.  Actually, I found myself thinking for the first time, another c section wouldn't be awful.  I still wouldn't do it on purpose.  

• Options

My numbness went away completely but it took almost a year to get to that point.

The sex took months to get back to "normal" for me.  Remember that a c/s is major surgery and things got shifted around and stitched up in there, so give yourself a break in getting back into a regular routine (plus you have twins now!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Healing from major surgery is a long process.  You will feel better!  But, it may take a year or more.

Numbness and incision pain can be significantly improved by working on your nerve endings.  My post-partum pilates instructor had me pinch the incision top to bottom, working across the scar.  I also found a technique online for massaging the incision using different depths of pressure.  I massage with lotion every day after my shower.  After a few weeks of doing these two things, the numbnes and pain were mostly gone.

As for sex, I didn't even attempt it for probably 4 months after my c-section and it didn't feel normal again for much longer.  I am now 8 weeks pp on my VBAC...and I still don't feel like having sex.  Nursing keeps things very dry and being tired doesn't help.  I think the sex thing is more about being post-partum, than the fact that you had a c-section.

Hang in there!  It gets better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Now I don't notice/ don't have any numbness where my incision was. I used an anti scar cream on mine for at least 6 months if not longer and massaged it in very well. Now you can't even see my scar.

I'm sorry to say that I don't remember any pain from sex after my c-section. We waited until at least 6 weeks, if not longer (I don't remember) and took it slow. I also didn't have an emergency c-section and also only had one DD not twins :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options

I hated that numb feeling too.  It has mostly gone away for me.  My skin around my scar isn't as sensitive as it was pre-surgery but it is much better and I don't really notice it anymore.  Hopefully that will be the case for you.

Sex sucked for a long time after both my deliveries, one c/s and one vaginal.  I think a lot of people expect it to be back to normal at 6 weeks postpartum, because that is when you get cleared to do it again.  But it really took more like 10 months for things to feel normal again for me.  That is probably not what you want to hear, but my point is just that things will get better, though it may take more time than you expect.

GL! 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"