April 2012 Moms
Options

Does anyone else's LO not eat if you are talking?

He has to stop and look at me if I start talking at all. Now he won't nurse if he hears DH talking now too. Sometimes he just looks at me but others he gets really mad if he is hungry and really wants to eat. It was really awkward nursing DS while MIL was at my house, just the 2 of us and he wouldn't let either of us talk. It we started he would unlatch himself and cry.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Does anyone else's LO not eat if you are talking?

• Options

Awww. 

No.  J loves to watch us talk (he interrupts us all the time though, trying to join in the conversation) and he loves to watch us eat.  When he is eating, however, he couldn't care less what else is going on.  He's very lean so you would never know it, but my kid loves his food.

• Options
    Yep, Evan has started this in the past week or so. Whenever I talk, he unlatches and smiles. When someone else talks, he has to look around to search for the other person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, if I talk she will pause from eating her bottle and stare. If she's really hungry, she will cry. Silly baby.
    imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! More so if its the bottle over the boob.  She will stop eating and get really frustrated and start crying if we are talking or it is loud.  
  • Options

This is exactly what A does now!  If I start talking, she unlatches and stares at me with this certain look like "what do you think you are doing mom!"

I think it's funny, but hard when DH is home and we have to halt all conversation until she's done, haha.

• Options
    Yes, this is a new development, and it's a PITA. She has to be in complete quiet, or she is too distracted to eat. DS2 is really bad about coming in the room and wanting to kiss her on the head, and it never fails that as soon as she hears the door open, she unlatches and is ready to play.It makes her want to nurse more often since it always seems to happen about 5 minutes after she's started It is so not cool.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageRileyM2010:
    Yep, Evan has started this in the past week or so. Whenever I talk, he unlatches and smiles. When someone else talks, he has to look around to search for the other person.

This exactly.  And also if someone blinks too loudly he unlatches and smiles. 

• Options
    imageRileyM2010:
    This. Especially with me and DH. It's cute but frustrating because it takes longer to feed him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

That's funny....The ladies at DD's daycare told me the other day that when they are feeding her, they cannot look at her or speak to her, or else she will start crying! At least she's not the only one? haha

~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagemaccalovah:

That's funny....The ladies at DD's daycare told me the other day that when they are feeding her, they cannot look at her or speak to her, or else she will start crying! At least she's not the only one? haha

it is like they need to be 100% focused on what they are doing.

Starbound, lol at the blinking too loud.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"