Illinois Babies
Options

University of Illinois Medical center nurse mdwives

Hello!

Does anyone know about this group?  I'm a FTM and leaning towards a more natural labor and delivery route.  I can't find much information online.

Also considering Swedish, the midwives at NMPG, and west suburban in oak park. 

Thanks for any input at all!

Ellen

Re: University of Illinois Medical center nurse mdwives

• Options

My experience as a doula

UIC-allows 42w pregnancy, lots of natural birth patients, very low c/s rate, wireless monitors that can be used in water, two deep tubs for labor, big showers every rooms, hopefully getting waterbirth soon, open to gentle slow inductions. Negatives are lots of students and it is a large group so it is hard to get to know everyone

Swedish-Sometimes allows for 42 week pg, labor tubs/shower in every room, birthing stools, few students, lots of natural births, nice small group. Negatives no wireless monitors so if induced you are stuck on a short leash.

West sub-Allows 42w pg, two rooms specifically designed for natural birth and offers water birth(ABC rooms), wireless monitors, lots of natural births, showers in every room. Negatives, if ABC is full no water birth, hospital a little older looking

NWern-Wireless monitors, two tubs for water birth, huge showers in every room, pretty rooms. Negatives more likely to induce, can't use tub till 5cm+ and it is rare to get it and if you do it is still not a guaranteed waterbirth, baby policies at NWern at some what strict

Samantha Trebilcock BSN RN, CD(DONA), PES, CBE http://naturalbeginningsdoula.vpweb.com/
  • Options
    EMLDFEMLDF member

Wow- great info!  thanks so much!! 

Ellen  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was very happy with the care I received from my nurse/midwife at UI Medical Center.
  • Options
    UIC Midwives are wonderful. I am a little biased because I work at UIC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelapipa:
    I was very happy with the care I received from my nurse/midwife at UI Medical Center.

This!  I love my MW with this pregnancy.  With my first I did see way too many Dr.'s and didn't really get a chance to connect with any of them.  I had to get an emergency c-section and was totally not planning on it.  They treated me very well under the circumstances.  This time my MW fully supports my choice for VBAC.  I really hope it's a success!   GL!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    It's so good to see all of these great reviews on UIC! We'll be moving up there in a couple months because my hubby just got a job with the UIC Medical Center. I loved the hospital that I gave birth at here (Orlando) and was positive I'd never find another hospital that was so pro-breastfeeding and let me be in labor as long as I was! Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"