December 2010 Moms

Sesame Place tips please & TY

So I think we are going to head to sesame place this weekend with DD. She is an Elmo/Abby addict and I hope she loves them just as much in person.

They have a deal now buy one day get another free so I think that is probably the best deal I can get. I've looked up what rides are toddler friendly, the dining with character info and started looking at hotels. We will only be staying over one night.

Anyone who has "been there, done that" with a LO this age and wants to share their wisdom I'd appreciate it.

The one thing I am somewhat nervous about is keeping LO close with all those people milling around...this will be the largest venue we've ever taken her. 

p.s. is it worth it to pay extra for the premium parking or are there shuttles from the back row parking to the park? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

Re: Sesame Place tips please & TY

• Depending on when you go, you may not even need the shuttle because it may be a slow day.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Wear bathing suits. The water section is more fun than the rest of the park. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We haven't been there yet, but we are getting the buy one get one free tickets too, so we're planning on doing water rides one day and then all the other rides on the second day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The parking lot frankly isn't that big... we aren't talking Disney World or anything.

Do the shows.  Elmo's World Live! is just like an episode of Elmo's World, so if LO is all about Elmo, this is a good one.  The other 2 shows are good too.  If you do the Lets Play Together! show, try to get in the first couple of rows, especially near any of the sections that are blocked... the characters come up in those spots and you can get high fives and up close frequently.

We did the breakfast dine with Cookie, it was so underbooked they combined it with Elmo's breakfast and we knocked out the following characters without having to leave the room:  Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Super Grover and Abby.

We brought the stroller in when we went, worked out well, but it wasn't super busy.

We did one full day on rides and another doing the wet rides.

Best toddler friendly things J loved:  the Flying Fish, Big Bird's "nest" in Big Bird's Court,  Sunny Day Carousel, Big Bird's Balloon Race, and as far as the wet stuff goes, we just kept him in the pool and was a happy camper both in Teeny Tiny Tidal Wave and Count's Splash Castle (avoiding the big dump of the bucket).  He loved the shows and meeting the characters too, met all of them except Telly, the Count and Baby Bear whom we simply never saw outside of the parade.  He liked the parade too.

• There is a nearby mall you can park for free if you don't mind walking a bit (right down the street!) Otherwise, parking is 15 dollars.  If you stay at the Holiday Inn which is right near there, they have a free shuttle that runs every hour, if you call them.

I would definitely use your stroller. Almost everyone has one, and it will keep LO safer.

I would also not eat at the park...the cafeterias are a mess, take forever, no seats, etc.  There are restaurants within walking distance, like Pizzeria Uno, Red Robin, and even that mall has a food court.  If you get a hand stamp you can go in and out anyway.

I think the tiny tidal pool wasn't really worth it, because there is a little pool area in the Count Castle area, which is much more fun! Any way you can go during a weekday?  The weekends, the water park area was full of a-hole teenagers and then on Monday they were all gone, so that was the day we did the water park.  We did the Count Castle and Ernie's Splash Zone and that was it for water rides for little kids.

And finally, definitely do a character breakfast. You get in the park early and can hit the water areas when they are less crowded.  I think Elmo's breakfast has Elmo, Big Bird, Count, Murray and Zoe.  THe Cookie one has Cookie and Grover and I'm not sure.  Depending on what characters your LO likes, you can choose which breakfast!

Have a good time! We did :)

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the advice. This is our first road trip with her and I really hope she enjoys it. 

Onlymeggan- Thank you so much for writing out all of those tips. Love the part about where to sit for the show in order to get the high fives.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Anytime!  It was our first vacation with J and considering it was a 13 hour drive to get out there he did amazing.   Hope you have a blast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"